Solved

(Catallina) Taking forever to scan iCloud Drive

• 20 December 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

I have done a clean install of Catalina 10.15.2 on my mid-2014 MacBook Pro.  An initial scan with Webroot completed in a reasonable time.  I then enabled iCloud Drive.  As I work on both this and an iMac Pro, I selected the option to sync Desktop and Documents folder.  With the laptop having a smaller drive, I selected “optimize Mac storage” to keep older stuff in the cloud.  On the desktop machine, everything has a local copy.  Its initial scan took much longer, but presently everything seems fine and I’ve not even noticed subsequent scans when I’ve been at the machine.

However, with iCloud enabled on the laptop as I’ve said, the subsequent scans have gone on for an exceedingly long time.  When I looked closely, Webroot was scanning items in the Documents folder.  It was very slow, because it appears for all the world that as Webroot wanted to scan each file, iCloud was accommodating by downloading it.  This is certainly not behavior that I want.

At present I have turned off iCloud on the laptop, and am running the scan again.  I would certainly want to be able to exclude Documents from the scan, because I WANT older stuff to stay in the cloud and it has all been scanned on the iMac anyway.  But from what I’m reading, omitting folders is not a thing unless I go to the business product.

icon

Best answer by ProTruckDriver 21 December 2019, 00:07

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Hello @Jerry Fritschle 

I would recommend contacting Webroot Support. There might be some setting that are wrong or there may be a glitch somewhere. When sending in a Support Ticket a Webroot Log is also sent for Support to look over.

Please submit a  Support Ticket  or  Contact Webroot Support  to sort this problem. This service is FREE with a Paid Subscription.

Support Ticket System is Open 24/7

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

HTH,

Dave.

Badge +3

Done :-)