Failed install wrote 100 (or so) Gigs to hard drive

• 21 December 2018
  • 5 replies

Hours ago I tried to install a new activation key to webroot anti-virus for the mac. I entered the activation key, then every few minutes I got an error message telling me that webroot crashed. I later learned that with every crash huge amounts of data were written to my hard drive. I'm guessing that over 100 Gigs got written before I was able to get the problem fixed. How do I locate and remove all of this data? 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36
@ wrote:
Thanks I have a ticket in and they want me to call them, but I haven't been home during the times they are available. was just hoping that someone might have an answer on here as I would like to have to Mac protected.
Have you heard back from support yet?
Thanks I have a ticket in and they want me to call them, but I haven't been home during the times they are available. was just hoping that someone might have an answer on here as I would like to have to Mac protected.
Userlevel 7
Hello bbjornson, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. :D
I don't know if it has been solved. You can put in a Support Ticket which is open 24/7 and ask. I'll also ping some of the Webroot Employees to see what they have to say about this. This is the Holiday season so they will be back on the Jan 2 to answer on the forum.
@ @ @ @
I have the same issue on both my macs. The one mac I just ended up doing a fresh install of the OS and haven't install Webroot yet as I'm sccared it will do the same thing. I'm never home to be able to call them like hey want me to do. Did they manage to solve the issue with you? And could you possibly share it with me?
Userlevel 7
Hello wardlarkin,
Sorry to hear you are having problems with WSA on your Mac.
Please submit a Support Ticket or Contact Webroot Support to sort this problem. This service is FREE with a Paid Subscription.
Support Ticket System is Open 24/7

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.