Question

Full disk access

Show first post

35 replies

Yeah this is absurd. I’ll give you guys some grace here for a little while longer but if you can’t fix this solution, I’m out. There are other protection solutions for my Mac that work fine with Catalina.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Yeah this is absurd. I’ll give you guys some grace here for a little while longer but if you can’t fix this solution, I’m out. There are other protection solutions for my Mac that work fine with Catalina.

Exactly.  Going on 10 days with a product I don’t even know if it's working.  Moderators keep telling people to email support.  Support response by telling people to call in?  People call in and have to wait more than an hour to find out there is no fix.  Seriously guys.   

On top of that, there is no provided uninstall tool to completely clean the mac of the webroot install.  You need to call for that as well.  How is someone that supports numerous small businesses suppose to uninstall your product across all the endpoints they support?  Calling in for each one is not only highly unproductive but leads the user to feel hijacked.  All I can say is anyone looking at trying their product for a free 14 day period should be advised of the red tape and hoops you need to climb through in order to remove their product.

Adding my name to the disaffected.  I’ll be moving on soon, so it’s only a major annoyance for now.  And that I have no faith that it’s working as it’s supposed to.  

I speak from experience when I say that communication makes the difference.  You set up these forums but you don’t seem to use them.  Might as well make them go away, because ignoring them will only make your situation worse.

Badge +1

Uninstalled Webroot and moved over to BitDefender until Webroot can release a Mac product that’s not broken.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Uninstalled Webroot and moved over to BitDefender until Webroot can release a Mac product that’s not broken.

If Webroot isn’t going to provide any level of customer service and I end up uninstalling their product, there is no way I’m coming back to them in the future.  The same goes for the countless clients I’m supporting.

Badge +2

I’m also experiencing this issue. 

This was reported 23 days ago, is it still missing a solid resolution?

Thanks.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

I’m also experiencing this issue. 

This was reported 23 days ago, is it still missing a solid resolution?

Thanks.

Yup.  Last update was April 7th.

https://answers.webroot.com/Webroot/ukp.aspx?pid=12&app=vw&vw=1&login=1&json=1&solutionid=2022

+1 - Same issue here since installing Catalina 10.15.4. I am using endpoint protection so I thought that might have something to do with it, but it appears to just be a general Webroot issue.

It’s very frustrating that there is still no resolution or at least good, proactive communication on this. I am responsible for the endpoint security for my company and I am starting to reconsider our choice.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

+1 - Same issue here since installing Catalina 10.15.4. I am using endpoint protection so I thought that might have something to do with it, but it appears to just be a general Webroot issue.

It’s very frustrating that there is still no resolution or at least good, proactive communication on this. I am responsible for the endpoint security for my company and I am starting to reconsider our choice.

That's my struggle as well.  For a company of this size to go quiet on such a huge issue affecting a good portion of their clients makes me wonder if they aren’t ready for the big leagues of the SMB and Enterprise.  As a home user I’m livid at their customer support (or lack of) and their lack fo communication.  No way I’m rolling their product out to another client. 

Lastly why is their product still available for download?  It's so severely compromised and they still allow unknowing and unwitting new customers to download their demo.  So irresponsible.  Can anyone say class-action????

We are currently having the same issue with Webroot client on Macs.  After the macOS Catalina upgrade to 10.15.4 users are receiving popup that will not go away.  We’ve performed the recommended steps by other users here in the forum with no success. @Webroot Team when can we expect this to be fixed?