Full disk access

• 16 April 2020
  • 74 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Webroot keeps asking me for full desk access over and over.  I check my system preferences to make sure it’s checked and it is.  I even removed it from the list and added it back again.  It will start scanning for a few minutes and the Systems Preferences window pops up again.  I have uninstalled and redownloaded the app several times and it still keeps asking me for full disk access.  Thanks for any help!

Mac OS Catalina 10.15.4

Internet Security Plus

This topic has been closed for comments

74 replies

Yeah this is absurd. I’ll give you guys some grace here for a little while longer but if you can’t fix this solution, I’m out. There are other protection solutions for my Mac that work fine with Catalina.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Yeah this is absurd. I’ll give you guys some grace here for a little while longer but if you can’t fix this solution, I’m out. There are other protection solutions for my Mac that work fine with Catalina.

Exactly.  Going on 10 days with a product I don’t even know if it's working.  Moderators keep telling people to email support.  Support response by telling people to call in?  People call in and have to wait more than an hour to find out there is no fix.  Seriously guys.   

On top of that, there is no provided uninstall tool to completely clean the mac of the webroot install.  You need to call for that as well.  How is someone that supports numerous small businesses suppose to uninstall your product across all the endpoints they support?  Calling in for each one is not only highly unproductive but leads the user to feel hijacked.  All I can say is anyone looking at trying their product for a free 14 day period should be advised of the red tape and hoops you need to climb through in order to remove their product.

Adding my name to the disaffected.  I’ll be moving on soon, so it’s only a major annoyance for now.  And that I have no faith that it’s working as it’s supposed to.  

I speak from experience when I say that communication makes the difference.  You set up these forums but you don’t seem to use them.  Might as well make them go away, because ignoring them will only make your situation worse.

Badge +1

Uninstalled Webroot and moved over to BitDefender until Webroot can release a Mac product that’s not broken.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Uninstalled Webroot and moved over to BitDefender until Webroot can release a Mac product that’s not broken.

If Webroot isn’t going to provide any level of customer service and I end up uninstalling their product, there is no way I’m coming back to them in the future.  The same goes for the countless clients I’m supporting.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I’m also experiencing this issue. 

This was reported 23 days ago, is it still missing a solid resolution?

Thanks.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

I’m also experiencing this issue. 

This was reported 23 days ago, is it still missing a solid resolution?

Thanks.

Yup.  Last update was April 7th.

https://answers.webroot.com/Webroot/ukp.aspx?pid=12&app=vw&vw=1&login=1&json=1&solutionid=2022

+1 - Same issue here since installing Catalina 10.15.4. I am using endpoint protection so I thought that might have something to do with it, but it appears to just be a general Webroot issue.

It’s very frustrating that there is still no resolution or at least good, proactive communication on this. I am responsible for the endpoint security for my company and I am starting to reconsider our choice.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

+1 - Same issue here since installing Catalina 10.15.4. I am using endpoint protection so I thought that might have something to do with it, but it appears to just be a general Webroot issue.

It’s very frustrating that there is still no resolution or at least good, proactive communication on this. I am responsible for the endpoint security for my company and I am starting to reconsider our choice.

That's my struggle as well.  For a company of this size to go quiet on such a huge issue affecting a good portion of their clients makes me wonder if they aren’t ready for the big leagues of the SMB and Enterprise.  As a home user I’m livid at their customer support (or lack of) and their lack fo communication.  No way I’m rolling their product out to another client. 

Lastly why is their product still available for download?  It's so severely compromised and they still allow unknowing and unwitting new customers to download their demo.  So irresponsible.  Can anyone say class-action????

We are currently having the same issue with Webroot client on Macs.  After the macOS Catalina upgrade to 10.15.4 users are receiving popup that will not go away.  We’ve performed the recommended steps by other users here in the forum with no success. @Webroot Team when can we expect this to be fixed?

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

…. same issue here  after the macOS Catalina upgrade to 10.15.5

Same Issue.  Shouldn't have sold me this product if it doesn't work on a Mac.  No warnings that Catalina wasn't supported when I purchased.   constant error messages.  Never completed a scan.  

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

I’ve relied on Webroot for over 10 years but seriously thinking of jumping ship.

Mac users will recall compatibility issues following the initial release of Catalina and  how long it took for Webroot to provide a solution during which time many computers were unprotected.

Now, this ‘full disc access’ issue is causing more issues.

The diagnostic panel reports things requiring attention (excessive usage of RAM and too may Open Files)  which appear to affect a lot of Mac users

I have not found any way to to resolve these issues but many users suggest these reports are unreliable.

Scan times are way too long. I remember when a scan only took a minute or two but not any more despite having ‘Quick Search’ option checked.

Overall, starting to lose faith in what used to be an excellent product :(

Same problem with the full disk access message.  Hopefully there can be a fix from Webroot because you can’t be sure that the scan was completed fully since it doesn’t appear that the system got full disk access.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Decision made…

Uninstalled and replaced with Mcafee

Issue resolved

Userlevel 1

…. same issue here  after the macOS Catalina upgrade to 10.15.5

Userlevel 1

How has this not been fixed yet?  How does webroot expect us to trust them with the security of our machines if they can’t even figure out how fix a problem that literally nobody else has?

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Decision made…

Uninstalled and replaced with Mcafee

Issue resolved

Slicker55 curious how you chose Mcafee?  I was looking at Bitdefender.  They’ve got a 50% off deal for 3 devices right now and had one of the best ratings for the Mac.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

How has this not been fixed yet?  How does webroot expect us to trust them with the security of our machines if they can’t even figure out how fix a problem that literally nobody else has?

And why Zero communication with your customers?  

Full Disk Access.  It’s like dealing with the Department of Redundancy Department.  This was installed by Best Buy when Mac was purchased.  This does not speak well for either you or Best Buy.

Unless corrections are made I’ll have to move to another.  I was informed you were a professional service but do not see efforts to want Mac customers.

Webroot is owned by Carbonite now, maybe that may explain why their support has gone south. We have a few MacOS endpoints experiencing this issue and a case has been opened with their support, well we did the basic steps and the problem still remained so support requested for us to call them. Well when I called their support I was told there was nothing they could do since we already followed the steps and all we could do is wait for the support team to come up with a resolution and to wait for an email response from support that a solution had been found. When I asked for an ET they couldn't provide one, so Unless Apple decides to come out with an update just for Webroot ( which is unlikely ) to resolve the problem we are stuck waiting for Webroot to come up with a better solution than waiting around. Unfortunately we are a corporate environment and changing endpoints isn't a simple process of jumping ship to the next, so Webroot how about you make good on this for the masses and put some fire on this issue and get it resolved ASAP

I am fed up with this Full Disc Access Error problem. I see that so many people are having to same problem. When I upgraded to Catalina the problem started. Please fix this or I will change to another anti virus system. Robert McKay.     Portage Indiana

I agree with all the statements in regard to “alert full disc access needed” I have the exact problem has been a problem for some time now. Ever since macOS Catalina was installed on my computer 10.15.5 @ the moment Webroot has been in a spin trying to be compatible with it. I have had no luck so far many messages sent to Webroot and 1 hour + spent waiting to talk to tech there. Then 1 hour + spent on screen share with them to find the next morning when i started up my computer the same exact problem ie: We need full disc access this is a Mary go round with Webroot they just can not keep up with the speed of changes that apple puts out it’s very obvious. Apple makes a change upgrade and webroot takes ten steps backwards and goes into a spin. This is not the first issue i have had with Webroot when Apple issues changes. And yes i’am losing faith in Webroot fast as other’s in this forum are doing also! Keep us posted Webroot instead of keeping us in the dark of your progress in these matters.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hey all,

@PVaddi  responded to the FDA issue on this thread: https://community.webroot.com/webroot-secureanywhere-for-macs-18/catalina-10-15-5-for-mac-343619?postid=357498#post357498

Basically, we have a very soon-to-be-released update that fill fix this full disk access issue as well as a few other things. What she said was this:
“First I really appreciate your patience while we work towards fixing the problems. Catalina brought in some really big changes and we are finding different issues in different environment settings. 

Our most recent mid-April release included a variety of fixes and we have our next version currently being tested and will be delivered later this month. I can guarantee that this version will have a fix for the FDA pop up problem (#4 on your list) among other bugs and will address another compatibility requirement from Apple. 

We also have a couple more updates planned  to quickly follow the  June release which will include more bug fixes and I will work with my team to reproduce the other problems you have stated above and address them as soon as possible. “

Please look forward to this upcoming update! It is currently in the testing phase.

-Keenan

So I upgraded to Catalina about a month ago.  Now Webroot keeps asking for full disk access every damn time, not just when I boot up…  Is this the “upgrade” I have read about?  I tried deleting the App with the intent to re-install (maybe that would fix the issue), only to get the message “The operation can’t be completed because you don’t have permission to access some of the items.”  Huh? It’s my computer, I installed it, I own it.. what don’t I have permission to????

Some help please - I have paid to use the program, so…..