Question

Full disk access

Badge +3

Webroot keeps asking me for full desk access over and over.  I check my system preferences to make sure it’s checked and it is.  I even removed it from the list and added it back again.  It will start scanning for a few minutes and the Systems Preferences window pops up again.  I have uninstalled and redownloaded the app several times and it still keeps asking me for full disk access.  Thanks for any help!

Mac OS Catalina 10.15.4

Internet Security Plus

35 replies

We are currently having the same issue with Webroot client on Macs.  After the macOS Catalina upgrade to 10.15.4 users are receiving popup that will not go away.  We’ve performed the recommended steps by other users here in the forum with no success. @Webroot Team when can we expect this to be fixed?

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

+1 - Same issue here since installing Catalina 10.15.4. I am using endpoint protection so I thought that might have something to do with it, but it appears to just be a general Webroot issue.

It’s very frustrating that there is still no resolution or at least good, proactive communication on this. I am responsible for the endpoint security for my company and I am starting to reconsider our choice.

That's my struggle as well.  For a company of this size to go quiet on such a huge issue affecting a good portion of their clients makes me wonder if they aren’t ready for the big leagues of the SMB and Enterprise.  As a home user I’m livid at their customer support (or lack of) and their lack fo communication.  No way I’m rolling their product out to another client. 

Lastly why is their product still available for download?  It's so severely compromised and they still allow unknowing and unwitting new customers to download their demo.  So irresponsible.  Can anyone say class-action????

+1 - Same issue here since installing Catalina 10.15.4. I am using endpoint protection so I thought that might have something to do with it, but it appears to just be a general Webroot issue.

It’s very frustrating that there is still no resolution or at least good, proactive communication on this. I am responsible for the endpoint security for my company and I am starting to reconsider our choice.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

I’m also experiencing this issue. 

This was reported 23 days ago, is it still missing a solid resolution?

Thanks.

Yup.  Last update was April 7th.

https://answers.webroot.com/Webroot/ukp.aspx?pid=12&app=vw&vw=1&login=1&json=1&solutionid=2022

Badge +2

I’m also experiencing this issue. 

This was reported 23 days ago, is it still missing a solid resolution?

Thanks.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Uninstalled Webroot and moved over to BitDefender until Webroot can release a Mac product that’s not broken.

If Webroot isn’t going to provide any level of customer service and I end up uninstalling their product, there is no way I’m coming back to them in the future.  The same goes for the countless clients I’m supporting.

Badge +1

Uninstalled Webroot and moved over to BitDefender until Webroot can release a Mac product that’s not broken.

Adding my name to the disaffected.  I’ll be moving on soon, so it’s only a major annoyance for now.  And that I have no faith that it’s working as it’s supposed to.  

I speak from experience when I say that communication makes the difference.  You set up these forums but you don’t seem to use them.  Might as well make them go away, because ignoring them will only make your situation worse.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Yeah this is absurd. I’ll give you guys some grace here for a little while longer but if you can’t fix this solution, I’m out. There are other protection solutions for my Mac that work fine with Catalina.

Exactly.  Going on 10 days with a product I don’t even know if it's working.  Moderators keep telling people to email support.  Support response by telling people to call in?  People call in and have to wait more than an hour to find out there is no fix.  Seriously guys.   

On top of that, there is no provided uninstall tool to completely clean the mac of the webroot install.  You need to call for that as well.  How is someone that supports numerous small businesses suppose to uninstall your product across all the endpoints they support?  Calling in for each one is not only highly unproductive but leads the user to feel hijacked.  All I can say is anyone looking at trying their product for a free 14 day period should be advised of the red tape and hoops you need to climb through in order to remove their product.

Yeah this is absurd. I’ll give you guys some grace here for a little while longer but if you can’t fix this solution, I’m out. There are other protection solutions for my Mac that work fine with Catalina.

Same problem here. Halfway of a security-scan the pop-up appears about the full disk access.

Tried several times to get a full disk access according to the guidelines, but no result. Hope this problem is solved quickly either from Webroot or from Apple. These safety problems shouldn't occur!

As far as I know, I only have one account on my Mac. Unless my own account and an administrator account are to different accounts. 

I’m not experienced enough on a Mac though to totally remove Webroot, do a reboot of my Mac and then install Webroot again. Afraid I might damage more than is good for my Mac. So until then I have to wait till Webroot or Apple fix this problem. Hope it will be soon.

Edit after ca. 40 min.

Strange thing is, that when I look at the folder underneath the Full Disk Access folder (the folder “Files and Folders” on my Mac) and look at the screen right of it, it says that Webroot has Full Disk Access!?

Other thing I tried, was to able the Firewall in the Security and  Privacy screen, logged out and restarted my Mac. After the normal screen was on, I then clicked on the Webroot icon at the top of my screen and it was showing me Webroot was scanning my Mac (a long time and no pop-up appears about the Full Disk Acces)!?

So somehow scanning seems to be working but there’s only some sort of bug that keeps telling Webroot or my Mac that Webroot doesn't have a Full Disk Access!???

Hope you Webroot people can do more with this info.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Quick update.  Prompt is back.  Going to have to wait for Webroot to provide an official solution.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Try logging into both and re-setting up the “Full Disk access”.  It seemed to work for me.  At least the constant prompting stopped.

I know it is not your job, but could you please provide more instructions or steps on what you mean by “log into both”

Hey Festus500

Not sure it will work for you but I logged into each profile that was set up on my mac and removed Webroot from the “Full Disk Access” and then re-added it in each.  I did one login profile at a time(i.e. removed it and re-added it and then moved on to the next profile).  Then I rebooted my laptop.  ….either that fixed it or I was holding my tongue just the right way when I clicked on everything and it magically started to work?

Userlevel 2

Hi @nunoabsilva,

Thanks for the note and sorry for the inconvenience. We are on it.

Thanks

Pawani

when you say you are on IT, when might that be complete.  Also could you help with answering how to log in as an Admin to set disk access permissions

Userlevel 2

Try logging into both and re-setting up the “Full Disk access”.  It seemed to work for me.  At least the constant prompting stopped.

I know it is not your job, but could you please provide more instructions or steps on what you mean by “log into both”

Userlevel 2

I’m becoming less and less a fan Webroot support.  Why will you not provide clear and direct solutions on this forum?  Sending me a support response indicating, and I quote “If you have been browsing the forums then I'm sure you have also seen countless people mention the fix for this is only available via a remote connection and phone call.“  If you can fix these “countless” issues via a phone call why will you not post the solution here?

fab138 - I spent an hour on hold and two hours while tech support “tried” to fix.  It is still broken and the malware that got on my system keeps us from serving America’s Warfighter in our defense against COVID-19.  Open Text is going to have blood on their hands and may be found culpable

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Did you try rebooting after?  

Badge +1

OK, just tried that - it was already ticked in both, and I removed/re-added it on both, but the issue is still there, it’s still asking me for Full Disk Access. Thanks for the suggestion though, worth a try!

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Badge +1

For those still having issues.  Do you have more than one user set up on your mac?

Yes, a user account and a machine admin account (which users don’t have access to).

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

For those still having issues.  Do you have more than one user set up on your mac?

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

I’m becoming less and less a fan Webroot support.  Why will you not provide clear and direct solutions on this forum?  Sending me a support response indicating, and I quote “If you have been browsing the forums then I'm sure you have also seen countless people mention the fix for this is only available via a remote connection and phone call.“  If you can fix these “countless” issues via a phone call why will you not post the solution here?

Badge +1

Same issue - infuriating.

Badge +1

Same issue here.

Badge +1

Having same trouble. This began to happen after a Webroot software update that was applied two days ago. I’m on Mac OS Cataline 10.15.4

Same issue, same version of Mac OS. I even uninstalled webroot and re-installed it to no avail.