Question

Full disk access

Badge +3

Webroot keeps asking me for full desk access over and over.  I check my system preferences to make sure it’s checked and it is.  I even removed it from the list and added it back again.  It will start scanning for a few minutes and the Systems Preferences window pops up again.  I have uninstalled and redownloaded the app several times and it still keeps asking me for full disk access.  Thanks for any help!

Mac OS Catalina 10.15.4

Internet Security Plus

35 replies

Userlevel 7

Hello @fab138  and @sgoode 

I’m not going to say Webroot is the problem. It may be then again it may not be the problem. Apple has been having many problems with macOS Catalina lately. The New update 10.15.4 many members have problems with it. Looking at Mac forums you can see all the problems they are having:

https://forums.macrumors.com/forums/macos-catalina-10-15.208/

https://forums.macrumors.com/forums/macos-mojave-10-14.205/

I don’t know what Apple did but they sure threw a monkey wrench in the mix when they last updated on Mojave and Catalina.

Your best bet is to get in contact with Webroot Support.

Btw: I’m still running macOS Catalina 10.15.3 and I’m not updating until Apple gets this mess straighten out.

HTH,

Dave.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

I sent a support request in with the same issue.  Waiting for a response.  Starting to lose trust in this product.  Nothing but issues ever since upgrading to Catalina.

Badge +3

Fab 138, I also am awaiting a reply from tech support.  I totally agree with you about the trust factor.  I have never had any problems with this product until after I upgraded to Catalina.  Hopefully we’ll find a solution soon, or else…..

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Hello All,

Thank you for reporting the problem.  I understand it can be very frustrating to have these prompts interrupt your business and we will do our best to help you with this situation.

We have been contacted about this problem by a few of our customers and our investigations so far has revealed that the FDA permissions may not be holding up correctly in some typical upgrade scenarios.

I believe some of you may have tried this already but completely removing Webroot from FDA permission list, restarting the computer and adding Webroot back on to the FDA list may help. Please let us know if you see any success with this workaround.

Our team is continuing to investigate and we will keep you posted with our findings and hopefully we will have a solution for you soon.

Thanks

Pawani

Badge +1

Hi,

one more with this issue!

I'm trying your suggestion / workaround without success 

Please solve this urgently

thanks 

NS

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Hi @nunoabsilva,

Thanks for the note and sorry for the inconvenience. We are on it.

Thanks

Pawani

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Nope didn’t work.  Please unmark the post from PVaddi as the “Best Answer” as it does not fix the issue.

Badge +1

following - same issue

Badge +1

Having same trouble. This began to happen after a Webroot software update that was applied two days ago. I’m on Mac OS Cataline 10.15.4

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Yeah this is absurd. I’ll give you guys some grace here for a little while longer but if you can’t fix this solution, I’m out. There are other protection solutions for my Mac that work fine with Catalina.

Exactly.  Going on 10 days with a product I don’t even know if it's working.  Moderators keep telling people to email support.  Support response by telling people to call in?  People call in and have to wait more than an hour to find out there is no fix.  Seriously guys.   

On top of that, there is no provided uninstall tool to completely clean the mac of the webroot install.  You need to call for that as well.  How is someone that supports numerous small businesses suppose to uninstall your product across all the endpoints they support?  Calling in for each one is not only highly unproductive but leads the user to feel hijacked.  All I can say is anyone looking at trying their product for a free 14 day period should be advised of the red tape and hoops you need to climb through in order to remove their product.

Adding my name to the disaffected.  I’ll be moving on soon, so it’s only a major annoyance for now.  And that I have no faith that it’s working as it’s supposed to.  

I speak from experience when I say that communication makes the difference.  You set up these forums but you don’t seem to use them.  Might as well make them go away, because ignoring them will only make your situation worse.

Badge +2

I’m also experiencing this issue. 

This was reported 23 days ago, is it still missing a solid resolution?

Thanks.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

I’m also experiencing this issue. 

This was reported 23 days ago, is it still missing a solid resolution?

Thanks.

Yup.  Last update was April 7th.

https://answers.webroot.com/Webroot/ukp.aspx?pid=12&app=vw&vw=1&login=1&json=1&solutionid=2022

+1 - Same issue here since installing Catalina 10.15.4. I am using endpoint protection so I thought that might have something to do with it, but it appears to just be a general Webroot issue.

It’s very frustrating that there is still no resolution or at least good, proactive communication on this. I am responsible for the endpoint security for my company and I am starting to reconsider our choice.

Badge +1

Uninstalled Webroot and moved over to BitDefender until Webroot can release a Mac product that’s not broken.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

+1 - Same issue here since installing Catalina 10.15.4. I am using endpoint protection so I thought that might have something to do with it, but it appears to just be a general Webroot issue.

It’s very frustrating that there is still no resolution or at least good, proactive communication on this. I am responsible for the endpoint security for my company and I am starting to reconsider our choice.

That's my struggle as well.  For a company of this size to go quiet on such a huge issue affecting a good portion of their clients makes me wonder if they aren’t ready for the big leagues of the SMB and Enterprise.  As a home user I’m livid at their customer support (or lack of) and their lack fo communication.  No way I’m rolling their product out to another client. 

Lastly why is their product still available for download?  It's so severely compromised and they still allow unknowing and unwitting new customers to download their demo.  So irresponsible.  Can anyone say class-action????

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Uninstalled Webroot and moved over to BitDefender until Webroot can release a Mac product that’s not broken.

If Webroot isn’t going to provide any level of customer service and I end up uninstalling their product, there is no way I’m coming back to them in the future.  The same goes for the countless clients I’m supporting.

We are currently having the same issue with Webroot client on Macs.  After the macOS Catalina upgrade to 10.15.4 users are receiving popup that will not go away.  We’ve performed the recommended steps by other users here in the forum with no success. @Webroot Team when can we expect this to be fixed?

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Thanks Dave

Yes, I’m sure Apple’s issues are only adding to it.  My issue is that if Catalina truly is that much of a mess then Webroot should have made a business decision and told its users that they would not release a product that they could not stand behind and wait until the OS was stable.   Once they released it to their clients they own the issues, not their clients.

Secondly for an organization(Webroot) to not provide a proper uninstall package or procedure to its customers is not acceptable.   Having to call tech support and wait on a phone call for over an hr feels like the client is being held hostage.

Don’t get me wrong.  I love (loved) their product and have deployed it at many of my customer's sites...the last 6 months have been a tough sell though.

Badge +1

Having same trouble. This began to happen after a Webroot software update that was applied two days ago. I’m on Mac OS Cataline 10.15.4

Same issue, same version of Mac OS. I even uninstalled webroot and re-installed it to no avail.

Badge +1

Same issue here.

Badge +1

Same issue - infuriating.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

I’m becoming less and less a fan Webroot support.  Why will you not provide clear and direct solutions on this forum?  Sending me a support response indicating, and I quote “If you have been browsing the forums then I'm sure you have also seen countless people mention the fix for this is only available via a remote connection and phone call.“  If you can fix these “countless” issues via a phone call why will you not post the solution here?

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

For those still having issues.  Do you have more than one user set up on your mac?

Badge +1

For those still having issues.  Do you have more than one user set up on your mac?

Yes, a user account and a machine admin account (which users don’t have access to).