I noticed today (Aug. 4) there was an update for WebRoot SecureAnywhere for Mac. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find any product announcement on the community forum to get more information about the update.
With this update the version will change to 18.104.22.168.
I went ahead and installed the update anyway on my Mac with Catalina 10.15.5. So my experience was basically the same as last month’s update. I just want to share my experience...
- To download and install the update, I clicked the “Update Now” button (see screenshot below). The console will appear yellow.
- Be patient... It will take a couple minutes for the product to update. At first you won’t see anything happen after clicking the button and you might wonder if the update is working. Don’t panic. Don’t press the update button more than once.
- After a minute or two you may see two Webroot icons running in the Dock. Let the update proceed.
- Both icons will eventually disappear from the Dock, and then one Webroot icon will re-appear.
- After the product has been updated, the console will turn green and immediately start scanning.
- Check your version under My Account to confirm.