Just installed today's update - SecureAnywhere 9.1.3.103

• 4 August 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi everyone.

I noticed today (Aug. 4) there was an update for WebRoot SecureAnywhere for Mac. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find any product announcement on the community forum to get more information about the update.

With this update the version will change to 9.1.3.103.

I went ahead and installed the update anyway on my Mac with Catalina 10.15.5. So my experience was basically the same as last month’s update. I just want to share my experience...

• To download and install the update, I clicked the “Update Now” button (see screenshot below). The console will appear yellow.
  • Be patient... It will take a couple minutes for the product to update. At first you won’t see anything happen after clicking the button and you might wonder if the update is working. Don’t panic. Don’t press the update button more than once.
  • After a minute or two you may see two Webroot icons running in the Dock. Let the update proceed.
  • Both icons will eventually disappear from the Dock, and then one Webroot icon will re-appear.
  • After the product has been updated, the console will turn green and immediately start scanning.
  • Check your version under My Account to confirm.
WebRoot SecureAnywhere for Mac in update mode.
Click the Update Now button to update the product.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @rupertsland 

Yes there was an update thanks for letting us know!

Mac Version 9.1.3.103 (Released July 29, 2020)
Added
  • Move from Kernel extension to Apple's new Endpoint security API to support upcoming MAC OS changes.
Fixes
  • Fixed uninstall link on the WSA About section
  • Corrected the intermittent upgrade problem
  • Other minor bug fixes 

https://answers.webroot.com/Webroot/ukp.aspx?pid=12&app=vw&vw=1&login=1&json=1&solutionid=2023

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

And I just posted it here: https://community.webroot.com/home-product-releases-27/product-update-mac-version-9-1-3-103-344506

Thanks TripleHelix for the links. This was helpful.

A few side notes...

I also read the recent post concerning the forthcoming macOS Big Sur this fall. That release looks like it will focus on changes/enhancements to the user interface rather than implementing major under-the-hood changes to the macOS like Catalina did... unless I missed something. My theory is that Apple has been for a while planning to implement the iPhone/iPad user interface (look and feel) on the macOS platform (convergence?), and before doing so needed to update the OS to a fully native x64 bit platform.