mac mini won’t boot after installing & running webroot

• 31 December 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

I installed webroot for mac on my 2011 Mac mini server.  Afterwards, I ran scan and went to bed.  This morning I found on the display screen only a picture of a folder icon with a ? mark in the folder and both were blinking. Nothing else on the display screen except that.   I hit the space bar and mouse and nothing happened.  I left the computer for about 8 hours thinking something might happen but when I returned,  it was the same.   I then decided to turn off and back on the computer.  The typical Apple logo popped up with the progression bar at boot up.  About a half hour later the progression bar had completed but nothing more happened.  It never booted up to the desk top.  I left it alone for about 8 hours hoping it would boot but it didn’t.  
what do I do to get my computer to boot up?????????

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hey @Farinc ,

Welcome to the Community Forum!

I’m sorry to hear you’re having troubles getting your Mac Mini to boot up after installing Webroot. I’ve never personally never heard of this issue but our support team would be happy to help you out. 

Please reach out to them with as many details as possible via ticket or phone-call: SUPPORT TEAM

Good luck and let me know how it goes! If you have trouble reaching support by end of week, send me a message and I’ll do what I can.

Badge +3

I’d like to speak with a tech support rep to see if you can help me resolve the problem that was created when I was told that I could install webroot antivirus on my Mac mini because now it will not boot up.  
please call me at (703) ***-**** Removed Private Information ~ PTD.  I’m on east coast time and I’m available from 10am to 10pm. 

Thank you

Mike

Userlevel 7

Hello @Farinc 

Please submit a  Support Ticket  or  Contact Webroot Support  to sort this problem. This service is FREE with a Paid Subscription.

Support Ticket System is Open 24/7

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

Note: Please Do Not post any of your private information on the open forum. Posting private information on an open forum can lead to Spam in your email box or spam phone calls.

HTH,

Dave.