Question

No Definition Updates On Weekends and Holidays?

Userlevel 7
For the last month I've been watching and keeping track of the "Definition Updates" on WSA for Mac and I have noticed that the definitions do not update on the weekends or holidays.

For example:
12/21/18 the definition was: 1043
12/26/18 the definition was: 1044

12/31/18 the definition was: 1047
01/02/19 the definition was: 1048

Friday 01/11/19 the definition was and still is today at the time of this post 01/14/19: 1055

Is there a reason there are no updates on the weekend or holidays but there is an update every day during the week?

@MacDaddy385 @PVaddi @LLiddell

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33
I'm not 100% certain but I believe this is so we have our support team available if anything goes wrong.
Userlevel 7
LLiddell wrote:

I'm not 100% certain but I believe this is so we have our support team available if anything goes wrong.

Maybe I didn't ask the question right.

WSA is 100% Cloud based on the PC's. When ever there is an update to defend against Malware the update is sent in the cloud and every PC that has WSA gets the update 24/7.

Now on the Mac computer my understanding is that it is not 100% Cloud based. It gets updated by definitions. The definitions from me looking at it daily only get updated on the week days, they are not updated on the weekends or holidays. Seem odd to me why no definition up date on weekends and holidays?
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
Yeah I'm not sure why they do that either. I'll ask and see if they can address it, although right now there are higher priorities (LP, Beta, etc.)

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept or continue browsing you agree to our cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings