Solved

Nothing works Webroot - nothing!

• 1 January 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Where to start?

1. Ive used Webroot Secure Anywhere on my Mac for a few years.  Suddenly it informed me that my subscription is to expire in 20 days.  I renewed my subscription last month and Webroot - after an email - added the days remaining on the old subscription to the new subscription and it showed something like 380 days or so.  No more.
  2. I follow the steps to remove Webroot - for a fresh install - and am delighted to find that Webroot states “The operation can’t be completed because you don’t have permission to access some of the items”.  On my own Mac - that’s pretty disgraceful Webroot!
  3. So I go throw the pain of logging in to my Webroot ‘Console’ to find three ‘expired’ versions of the software from years gone by and nothing about the software I now have.
  4. Cannot delete it to try and re-install.  Webroot is claiming I don’t have permissions to operate their software on my own Mac!!  Console is a joke.
  5. Fed up Webroot.  Utterly fed-up.  Not so happy new year?
icon

Best answer by ProTruckDriver 2 January 2020, 21:40

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Roger that, ProTruckDriver!  I’ll get on it.  Just all frustrating.  Happy New Year.

Userlevel 7

@stanretoma The fastest way to get all these problems solved would be to  Contact Webroot Support  by phone. They could solve the problems in a matter of minutes.

HTH,

Dave.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Thanks for the reply.

I failed to mention in my initial text:

1.  I’ve tried numerous times to submit a Support Ticket but Webroot will not accept my Password.  I’ve even asked for a new one - had an email - changed the password - and can’t get in to submit the ticket.  I can get in to the Console but not Webroot.  Useless.
  2. I purchased the 5 license package and my children at college inform me that their Webroot software is telling them they now, like me, have 19 days of cover.
  3. ?
  4. ?
  5. ?
Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Many thanks for the information.  I failed to mention in my text that:

Userlevel 7

Hello @stanretoma  Sorry about the problems you are having with WSA on your Mac Computer.

The answer to #3 in your post above is that when uninstalling WSA from a Mac computer there are some files left behind. Those files ONLY can be deleted with Sudo Commands Only From Webroot Support. Here are the files that are left behind:

To sort out all of your problems on your Webroot Account and on your Mac, please submit a  Support Ticket  or  Contact Webroot Support  to sort this problem. This service is FREE with a Paid Subscription.

Support Ticket System is Open 24/7

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

HTH,

Dave.