Popup On Mac For WSA Backup & Sync

• 27 December 2018
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
I got this popup on the Mac running Mojave for Backup and Sync:
@  @ @

Here is the WSA Version I'm running:

Is this in the process of being "Optimized"?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Is this popup showing up because Backup & Sync is running on 32 bit on the Mac Computer? I had the same popups for games on my Mac because Apple Warned Developers awhile back before Mojave was released that Apple will stop supporting 32 bit software, everything will be 64 bit. Some developers did not upgrade to 64 bit and I lost a few paid games because of that. 😞
Userlevel 7
What is it with all these pop ups with WSA on my Mac? I just did a install of WSA and now I'm getting a Pop up for Chrome:

😠 😠 😠 😠
Userlevel 7
@MacDaddy385 @PVaddi Can you answer the question on the Backup and Sync pop-up. I got similar pop-ups one time on games and within a month I lost the games because they were 32 bit.
Userlevel 7
In the last 3 days I have seen this pop-up Twice on the Mac running Mojave: 😡😡

When is Webroot going to update Backup and Sync to 64 bit?

Webroot had to have know in advance before Mojave was released that the software was changing.

Hit the "Learn More..." button:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208436

@PVaddi @MacDaddy385 @LLiddell @freydrew
Userlevel 7
Badge +18
Hello,

We are aware of the upcoming macOS requirements for 64 bit apps and are working to release an updated version of our Backup & Sync component to meet those requirements. We do not have a release date determined, but our plans do include a Backup and Sync release before the new requirements are enforced.

Thank you for raising this issue and please stand by for more information as we have it.

Brad
Userlevel 7
Shouldn't we be seeing the 64 bit update soon in beta version? September release of macOS 10:15 is getting very close to work out the bugs. 😉
Badge +1
Hi there,

I am new to this community and am also suffering the same issue with my Mac. Do we have any update on the resolution from Webroot as yet please? My apology if has been asked and answered but I cannot find anything more on it. Cheers.