Webroot was working fine up until today.
I logged on today to see "The file: '/Applications/Webroot/MainUIStrings.bin' could not be found. Please verify and reinstall."
I've tried to reinstall with no such luck, everytime I try and set it in Applications it says that I already have one in there. I've tried repeatedly to uninstall the one already in there and everytime it says it is in use. I've made sure everything is closed and the pop up will still pop up. I'm just trying to uninstall it completely to reinstall so it will work right. It will not even open anymore and there is no icon at the top. What can I do?
Best answer by fdonato21
Seems like the issue might be fixed. I renamed the WSDaemon file under /usr/local/bin using sudo access via the termina. I then opened up activity monitor and killed the system process WSDaemon. I did not force kill it.. just normal seemed to work. When I did that, the Webroot SecureAnywhere "My Processes" process died as well. I then went into the "Show Contents" of the Webroot SecureAnyware app under the applications folder, and I noticed that the MainUIStrings.bin file was no longer zero bytes. It had the size of the MainUIStrings_EN.bin file and was updated as of when I killed the WSDaemon service. I did have to rename the WSDaemon executable under /usr/local bin first, otherwise that too would just keep starting up. We'll see how it goes. During this process I did get prompted to re-activate and enter my serial number. I just cancelled that out. I rebooted an checked things out and they appear to be working.
Befor you try any of this.. you may want to check with support first.