right click scan option on Mac after Big Sur upgrade

• 17 January 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi I’ve had this problem before and got it working on a mac (can’t remember how!). 
I’ve just updated to the latest macOS (Big Sur) and again the Right Click scan option is not there?

im sure there’s a security setting the macOS needs me to grant access, but I don’t know where or how?

any help is much appreciated,

bart

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hey there @toomanybarts ,

I’m on the windows version of Webroot on the work computer so I’m not able to check this for you. Have you tried reaching out to our support team? I imagine this is probably a known bug that they can fix for you over the phone or email. They can be reached here: http://webroot.com/us/en/support/home-contact

Userlevel 1

Just did - I’ll repost solution here once support get in contact. 

Hello,

I’m using both the Windows and Mac versions of Webroot SecureAnywhere.

I believe you are referring to a menu command to scan individual files and folders. This menu command or feature was removed from the Mac version a couple years ago, but is still found in Windows.

If there actually is a way to get this working again on a Mac, I sure would want to know, although Webroot should try to bring back that feature to the Mac platform. Not sure why it mysteriously disappeared.

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I’m using both the Windows and Mac versions of Webroot SecureAnywhere.

I believe you are referring to a menu command to scan individual files and folders. This menu command or feature was removed from the Mac version a couple years ago, but is still found in Windows.

If there actually is a way to get this working again on a Mac, I sure would want to know, although Webroot should try to bring back that feature to the Mac platform. Not sure why it mysteriously disappeared.

It was working on my iMac until I upgraded to Big Sur - support have asked me to call them so lets see what happens.

Removing Right Click for Mac users would really be a backward step, so hopefully its just a case of tweaking settings to get this to work.

Userlevel 1

Spoke to support and gave access for remote log in.

First problem :  I was on an older version of webroot : 9.1.1

and shouldve been on 9.1.5.

Had to have support do a manual removal of old version and then install 9.1.5 - now thats workgin, it looks like they dont have Right Click working yet for mac’s on Big Sur.

I knew I shouldnt have updated my macos!

Now patiently waiting for the feature to be added back.