Solved

Scan frozen for over 13 hours again pls help!

• 24 February 2020
  • 6 replies

Badge +3

Why has my scan stopped at “System/Volumes/Data/Vo...ditionName/thumbnail.jpg”???

I got information off my old laptop from the hard drive because the computer would not boot up and as soon as I downloaded it onto my Mac the deep scan is frozen, twice now. It quarantined three things and we sent a report to apple and deleted them but the scans still won't complete and always stop at the what I wrote above. Does this mean my brand new 12 TB hard drive I transferred everything to and iMac are infected? I have run it twice now and its still won't finish scanning and I’m worried my brand new 12TB hard drive (that makes weird noises throughout the scan) is infected along with my iMac. Thank you in advance for your help

icon

Best answer by ProTruckDriver 24 February 2020, 14:01

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7

Hello @Catherine1129  , Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. :relaxed:

I’m sorry that you are having trouble with WSA and your Mac computer. Please contact Webroot Support.

Please Do Not Uninstall Webroot from your computer if it has quarantined files. Since WSA for Mac has No Journaling (Rollback Feature) like on PC’s.

Please submit a  Support Ticket  or  Contact Webroot Support  to sort this problem. This service is FREE with a Paid Subscription.

Support Ticket System is Open 24/7

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

HTH,

Dave.

Badge +3

Thank you for your reply. The computer guy deleted them from quarantine and I sent a report to apple...is it bad that he deleted them? It still says threats detected and 2 or 3 out of the 5 or 6 that were detected were “allowed” so he did nothing with those. I am not computer savvy so I'm hoping you can tell me what to do as I do not have a paid subscription and I'm out 27k from medical bills without insurance and a weekend with the computer guy. Thank you

Userlevel 7

If you’re not using Webroot Security I would recommend contacting Apple Support with this problem:

https://www.apple.com/contact/

HTH

Dave.

Badge +3

Hey Dave, I’m sorry I misunderstood you. I thought you meant I needed to purchase an additional program to get help. I am a paid member of Webroot but I still haven’t received a response and my computer is on scan number 3 (after lapsing over 16 hours each time) before I had to reboot once again. I don't know what else to do but my computer says threats detected . Any advice is appreciated, thank you. Catherine

Userlevel 7

Hello Catherine,

Support Tickets take from a few hours to 24 to 48 hours for a response. Let me ping our forum managers @freydrew  @khumphrey to see if they can push Support faster because of the constant long scanning Webroot is doing on your computer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@Catherine1129 ,

Please send me a private message with the email you used to send a ticket to support. Once I have that info, I can check into your ticket for you.