Scan Time Increase With macOS Mojave

• 27 November 2018
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
I have Upgraded to macOS Mojave and have noticed that the first scan during install of WSA has increased. Before upgrading from High Sierra to Mojave, I uninstalled WSA. After the upgrade I did a clean install of WSA on Mojave. The first scan with Mojave was over 27 minutes. Here are my first scans with:
El Capitan: 9 to 11 minutes
High Sierra: 10 to 12 minutes
Mojave: 27:15 minutes.

Is this going to be the new normal for the first scan?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
I have Upgraded to macOS Mojave and have noticed that the first scan during install of WSA has increased. Before upgrading from High Sierra to Mojave, I uninstalled WSA. After the upgrade I did a clean install of WSA on Mojave. The first scan with Mojave was over 27 minutes. Here are my first scans with:
El Capitan: 9 to 11 minutes
High Sierra: 10 to 12 minutes
Mojave: 27:15 minutes.

Is this going to be the new normal for the first scan?

Because of the age of my iMac running El Capitan,  my scans are an hour & 10-15 minutes. So great question @. 😉
Userlevel 7
Even with "Archived Files" disabled the scan is over 27 minutes. Maybe I don't feel so bad now @ since your scan is over an hour. That old Mac of yours, if it could allow Mojave to install on it, it would probably take 2 days on a normal scan. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Even with "Archived Files" disabled the scan is over 27 minutes. Maybe I don't feel so bad now @ since your scan is over an hour. That old Mac of yours, if it could allow Mojave to install on it, it would probably take 2 days on a normal scan. 

OMGosh you are still a comedian! ROFLMHO,Yes, it would take days to scan.;)