Solved

System Extension Blocked in OSX

• 29 May 2019
  • 6 replies

Badge +2
Anyone know what this means? "System Extension Blocked in OSX".

icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 30 May 2019, 01:26

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @gvanhorn ,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Would you tell me what Mac OSX that you are running? Also what Webroot version are you on?

There might be some incompatibilities withe Webroot's Extensions in the Mac's latest operating system. Let me ping @ProTruckDriver to see what he can tell you because he is running the latest Mac OSX and I do not think he is having any issues. I am running El Capitan and I do not have this issue myself. Here is the Webroot version that I am running. Also have you checked in Security & Privacy in your Preferences to see if your Mac is blocking these Webroot Extensions? You might need to Allow from Anywhere for these extensions to install.

If I was you I would Submit a Support Ticket and they can check this out for you Free of Charge and they will certainly take care of this.

Hope this helps somewhat?
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Same thing on my Mac tonight. Running 10.14.5 Mojave. Installed OS update on May 21, 2019 but message appeared today.

Is this going to take half a year to fix like the password manager?
Userlevel 7
Thanks for the ping Sherry. @gvanhorn this is the first time I have seen this Popup "System Extension Blocked" and I'm running macOS Mojave 10:14:5. Please Submit a Support Ticket as @Ssherjj posted. Also can you please post back on the Support findings. I am interested in what this popup is all about.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thanks @ProTruckDriver for your response. Yes, I would also like to hear what Support has to say as well. 😉
Badge +5

Did support give you an answer?  I am trying to deploy webroot to a few thousand macs and it looks like I will have to do it manually on every single one. 

Badge +5

It looks like the only way to not get this message is if you deploy the software from you MDM platform to macs that went through the MDM enrollment process that starts with apple school manager.