Solved

threats detected

• 25 August 2020
  • 3 replies

I’ve been running webfoot on my mac for 6 weeks & a to date total of 2020 new detected threats. Whereto has scanned 134,537,591 files & still running. When I started Webfoot I selected the TimeMachine external storage device to be scanned. Should I have selected the hard drive instead? What do I do with the new threats? How do I delete the new threats?

Thank you for your reply

snip Removed email address and please don’t post personal info on the open forums.

TripleHelix

icon

Best answer by jhartnerd123 26 August 2020, 00:11

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

Never select the time machine backup to be scanned. Webroot has a hard time scanning any external media and it’s best to turn off that feature (scan mounted drives) as it’ll NEVER finish the scan. 

I’ve been running webfoot on my mac for 6 weeks & a to date total of 2020 new detected threats. Whereto has scanned 134,537,591 files & still running. When I started Webfoot I selected the TimeMachine external storage device to be scanned. Should I have selected the hard drive instead? What do I do with the new threats? How do I delete the new threats?

Thank you for your reply

snip Removed email address and please don’t post personal info on the open forums.

TripleHelix

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

I would stop the scan, turn OFF the feature to scan mounted volumes/time machine backups and just let it scan the OS drive. Even that’ll take an eternity on MAC OS. You should be able to go to your quarantine and select everything and remove.