Solved

Trojan on system after having webroot technician fix download problem on apple IMac Wondering if the Trojan has embedded itself in Webroot files?

• 11 April 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Trojan  on system after having webroot technician fix download problem on apple IMac  Wondering if the Trojan has embedded itself in Webroot files?

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 11 April 2021, 23:06

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @Messer 

Where did you get support from? The reason I ask there are some fake Webroot Support sitesout there so you have to be careful.

This is the correct Support: Submit a Support Ticket and they will help you sort it out.

https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/contact

Technical Support

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket

Call 1-866-612-4227

Thanks,

Userlevel 1

Yea I went to their site and submitted a ticket.  I got a reply and then later called the number that was sent to me.  A tech named Anthony said he needed to come into my computer and take out some old files because I was having trouble getting a version of Apple OX to let the webroot software install on my iMac.   It all seemed legit to me.  It was their email reply to my ticket.

Userlevel 1

Oh i did a new ticket and the last conversation came up that we had so it must be their legit support site.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Oh i did a new ticket and the last conversation came up that we had so it must be their legit support site.

It’s best if you keep in contact with them as there’s only so much we can do on a Community Forum.

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@Messer ,

Any update on how it went with support?

Userlevel 1

Yea they got a technician on it the very next day.  He was able to get it cleaned up around the webroot software.

Is your Trojan  OPTICALUPDATER? I am having a similar problem- Webroot detected the threat but can’t remove it then repeats the scan over again, and again, and again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @dmartin336 

PleaseSubmit a Support Ticket and they will help you sort it out.

https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/contact

Technical Support

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket

Call 1-866-612-4227

Thanks,