Solved

Troubleshooting with photoshop

• 12 June 2018
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Hello everyone!

I've been using Webroot for Mac a little more than a week now. I've noticed small issues with my Photoshop, like shortcuts that does not seem to work anymore. I tried everything in this article:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/keyboard-shortcuts-stop-photoshop-mac.html

Unfortunately it didn't help. I then noticed that they have actually mentioned Webroot in the article as one utilitie that might cause this issue. With that being said, they re-direct to Webroot support; "Contact Webroot for troubleshooting or any available updates".

Anyone who have had this problem and/or might know the solution? Thanks in advance!
icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 17 June 2018, 00:06

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Sorry to hear you are having these issues. Please try this below to see if this corrects the problem.

This can be resolved by clicking the Webroot icon located on the top right of the menu bar, then clicking Pause Secure Keyboard Entry.

http://sw.nohold.net/Webroot/Images/macpausesecurekeyboardentry.png 
Once activated, you will see a checkmark next to the menu option. While this is selected, Webroot SecureAnywhere will not secure keystrokes against keylogging software, though it will still be actively protecting you against infections. It is important to ensure that this function is enabled when browsing the internet—particularly on secure sites that require a username and password.

If you have any questions or require further assistance, click here to submit a Support ticket. This is a Free service with your Webroot Subscription.

Hope this helps?
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Yes it worked! Thank you so much :)

I understands that it is recommended to not have it paused. But if I sometime would forget to uncheck the pause option while browsing on the net and only logging in on ssl certified sites, and also that the Webroot software itself notes that I do not have any threaths on my computer, then I don't have to worry about anything right? I can tell that I probably will forget it sometime, that's why I'm asking...

Thanks in advance and again, thanks for the help with solving my photoshop problem!

Regards, Adrian.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @,

That's great that Photoshop is now working for you. Yes you are still being protected by Webroot's Web filter and Webroot itself will squash any virus that tries to execute on your Mac.

I'm not on my Mac  Or PC right now and I'm wondering if @ or @ would give you the link to the Mac's User Guide. Or I'll send it to you when I'm home. ;)

Here is the Mac User Guide https://docs.webroot.com/us/en/home/wsa_mac_userguide/wsa_mac_userguide.htm

Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Thank you for fast service!

I'm all good for the moment! I can look it up myself if so, I'm having the routine of switching it on/off.

So thanks for helping me out, have a good day :)