Hello. I am a long-time Webroot user and lover, and am surprised to find myself in this failure situation. I need your help please. Below are the actions I took:
- Logged into the Webroot Console and downloaded the wsamac.dmg for Mac.
- Opened that .dmg, then a small Webroot SecureAnywhere window was presented containing a green W icon in the middle.
- Double-clicked that Webroot icon in that small window, then received a system (OS) window stating, “Webroot SecureAnywhere” is an app downloaded from the Internet. Are you sure you want to open it?”
- Clicked the Open button, then that system window disappeared, and the Green Webroot icon resides in my Tray at the bottom of the screen.
- INSTALL PROCESS CEASED at this point, and I was NOT presented a screen to enter my Keycode to complete the install.
- Resulting condition is:
- Webroot icon is in the Tray.
- The system (OS) considers Webroot to be “open”.
- In Applications, the Webroot icon is present.
- On the flash storage ‘hard drive’, I see Webroot folders and components are present.
- Double-clicking the Webroot icon in the Tray produces NO action.
- I CANNOT open the Webroot application.
- I believe I an NOT protected by Webroot ( my 5-license purchase).
I look forward to your assistance. Thanks in advance for your help.