Solved

Update?

Userlevel 1

On my iMac, Webroot SecureAnywhere says there is a Product Update Available, however, clicking the Update Now button does nothing? If I logon to my Webroot console, and download the client from there, an install says it is an earlier version & refuses to proceed. 

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 1 May 2020, 16:41

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 1

you have to click show all in finder.

Thx, I double clicked Show All in Finder and found it.

It seems to have resolved itself without doing anything?

you have to click show all in finder.

Userlevel 1

It seems to have resolved itself, after I had to restart a couple of times when the FINDER became hung after it reported that my TIME MACHINE drive had disconnected incorrectly. 

Also, a search using SPOTLIGHT doesn’t find WRUPDATE.

if you search for wrupdate in spotlight and ask to show all in finder, you will find the file. double click to mount and click on the webroot update file to reinstall the update.

Userlevel 1

@10d @hughbp ,

I just checked with our product team and it should be fixed with our next release. I cannot say when that will occur but should be soon.

They did provide a workaround for this issue, however:
You can manually run the updater. /Library/Application Support/Webroot/wrupdate.dmg - will actually run the updater and fix this visual glitch.

Let me know if that works for you! 

I just checked for wrupdate in . /Library/Application Support/Webroot/ & it does not appear to be there. I also turned off hidden files to check, and it wasn’t there. I did see a wr_update text file, but that’s all.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@10d @hughbp ,

I just checked with our product team and it should be fixed with our next release. I cannot say when that will occur but should be soon.

They did provide a workaround for this issue, however:
You can manually run the updater. /Library/Application Support/Webroot/wrupdate.dmg - will actually run the updater and fix this visual glitch.

Let me know if that works for you! 

Userlevel 5
Badge +19

@khumphrey Soon please - this has has not been Webroot’s finest hour where the Mac is concerned.

Any progress on the Mac Business version?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@hughbp ,

If you update to the latest version and still see an “Update now” message, you can ignore. This is a visual glitch that can occasionally happen on MacOS Catalina - Our devs are aware of this and will be fixing it soon.

-Keenan

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @hughbp 

Yes there is a newer update: https://answers.webroot.com/Webroot/ukp.aspx?pid=12&app=vw&vw=1&login=1&json=1&solutionid=2022 but if it doesn’t download then Submit a Support Ticket and they will help you sort it out.

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue and support can take up to 48 hours to reply.

Thanks,