Badge +1
Is this part of webroot?
icon

Best answer by ProTruckDriver 8 September 2019, 04:45

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello @notcourage

At the present time I have Webroot Uninstalled from my Mac computer. Webroot leaves a lot of files behind after a uninstall. I looked at "/usr/local/bin/WFDaemon" in Spotlight on my Mac and it looks to be Webroot's Web Filter. I would submit a Support Ticket or Contact Webroot Supportto be sure.

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

HTH,
Dave.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Webroot Support confirmed it is.
Userlevel 7
Thank you for reporting back to the forum your findings. This will help others on this forum with this question. ☺️
Userlevel 2
Badge +6
If you have installed Mac OSX Catalina Beta and are getting WSDaemon errors, Apple says it has changed the interactive shell for files such as WSDaemon from bash to zsh

The default interactive shell is now zsh.
To update your account to use zsh, please run `chsh -s /bin/zsh`.
For more details, please visit https://support.apple.com/kb/HT208050

Use zsh as the default shell on your Mac

Starting with macOS Catalina, your Mac uses zsh as the default login shell and interactive shell. You can make zsh the default in earlier versions of macOS as well.
By default, your Mac uses either zsh or bash as the command-line interpreter for the login shell and interactive shell:
zsh is highly compatible with the Bourne shell (sh) and mostly compatible with bash, with some differences. For more about zsh and its comprehensive command-line completion system, enter
code:
man zsh
in Terminal.

I followed Apple's instructions and am still getting the same WSDaemon error.
Userlevel 2
Badge +6
If you get the message “Xware can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software,”

a). Access /Applications in Finder and find the app, right click the app icon, choose Open menu item in pop-up right menu.

b). Then click “Open” button in the pop-up window.

I have A few apps that did not run. Now they do.