Solved

Webroot Extension not found in System Preferences >Security & Privacy on Mac

• 1 May 2019
  • 6 replies

Badge +1
Hi, please see the attached screenshot. When I got to System Preferences > Security & Privacy, the Webroot extension is not found anywhere. Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by HisSoldier 1 May 2019, 20:50

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello @HisSoldier Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. ☺️

Please see The User Guide Instructions on installing WSA on a Mac. You should see Webroot listed in the Security Privacy section. If you don't see it I would try a Uninstall / Reinstall of WSA:

Uninstall WSA on Mac Computer
Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX

Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console

1. Shut down SecureAnywhere by clicking the Webroot icon in the menu bar and selecting Shut Down SecureAnywhere.

2. If prompted, confirm that you want to shut down SecureAnywhere.

3. Open the Applications directory.

4. Click and drag the Webroot SecureAnywhere program icon into the Trash in the dock.

5. A confirming window appears. Click Uninstall.

Webroot SecureAnywhere is now uninstalled. Reboot the computer.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To install the Mac software:
  1. Click here to download the SecureAnywhere installer to your Mac.
  2. Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  3. Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  4. To install Webroot from Best Buy Geek Squad click here
  5. Double-click wsamac.dmg to open the installer.
  6. Drag the Webroot SecureAnywhere icon into the Applications folder.
  7. In the first activation window, enter your keycode and click Activate.
  8. If prompted, confirm the installation by entering your Apple system password and click OK.
  9. Let Webroot complete the scan.

If the Uninstall / Reinstall didn't solve the problem, Please submit a Support Ticket or Contact Webroot Support to sort this problem. This service is FREE with a Paid Subscription.
Support Ticket System is Open 24/7

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

HTH,
Dave.
Badge +1
Thanks. It wasn't an installation issue. The button to allow Webroot to run was in the General tab of the Security & Privacy dialog which I didn't see. It's all good now.
Userlevel 7
I'm glad you have it sorted and WSA is working properly now. That link I posted above for the "Mac User Guide" comes in handy on how WSA works on a Mac computer. Have a nice day. ☺️

Dave.
Badge
@HisSoldier Disregard, I missed that it was never actually a problem. I thought we were having the same issue, that it wasn't showing up in System preferences.
Badge
Hey HisSoldier, I was wondering how you were able to resolve the issue, as I have run into the same issue and have this far been unable to resolve it.
Userlevel 7
Hey HisSoldier, I was wondering how you were able to resolve the issue, as I have run into the same issue and have this far been unable to resolve it.
Hello @HelpMePlzSameProb Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. ☺️
Have you looked HERE at the User Guide. The "Allow Button" is under the "General Tab".

HTH,
Dave