Solved

webroot secure interrupted shutdown

• 17 April 2020
  • 6 replies

Badge +3

Couple of years ago BestBuy Geek replaced Norton with WEBROOT on my MAC and all my widow PCs.  Recently on my  MacBook Air got a message I needed to update WEBROOT. I started the process. WEBROOT wanted to run a scan.  Was told before scan, I needed to give WEBROOT full disk access.  (Why? I had run scans before,) I gave permission. was told to reboot the Mac.  Got msg: WEBROOT Secure interrupted shut down. If a i close the widow that has the message, I’m back at the widow that asked me to give full disc access.  Then I’m stuck.  I can’t close WEBROOT.  I can not reboot hard or soft. I am dead in the water. An hour with GEEK online chat help ended up with my being told to make an appointment and bring the MAC to the store.  Best Buy is closed until May.  I can not work.  I can not afford to not work.  I am writing this from my wife’s PC.    I can not uninstall WEBROOT.  I can not wipe the MAC clean and restore factory setting and start over because to do that I need to reboot.   Can any one tell me how to fix this problem.  I would appreciate it it.

icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 17 April 2020, 23:02

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

@aport1950

Are you able to do this below to shut down Webroot?

How to unfreeze a MacBook air without losing work? On your Mac's keyboard, hit the Option, Command and Escape keys simultaneously (alt + ? + esc). The Force Quit dialog box appears with a list of running programs. Select the frozen app and then click Force Quit.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Thank you @khumphrey

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@aport1950 ,

Can you please send me a private message with the e-mail you use to send in a support ticket? I can’t really check on anything until there is a ticket in the system.

However, I really can’t promise I’ll get you a response by today. Our U.S. support hours end in about 1.5 hours and they have a very long queue to get to. I’ll do what I can, but I just don’t want to make false promises.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Hi @aport1950 ,

I'd be very upset and panicky myself especially with my iMac. On a desktop you can pull the chord in the back to shut a Mac down. With a laptop that's different I suppose…

Please keep us posted as we would like to know if you get this issue resolved or that you were able to get the help you needed.

@khumphrey can you please get some attention to this issue by contacting Webroot Support quicker? Considering it is a Friday/weekend? This is serious! Thank you!

Badge +3

I have left two messages  with WEBROOT support.  The first, I let my frustration and fear get the better of me and was a bit pissy.  They have not responded.  I will submit a ticket using the link you gave me.

What you are describing is what I call a hard shut down or hard reboot.  I already tried that.

Thanks for your comment though.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Hello @aport1950 

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

So sorry to hear that you are having all these issues with Webroot. Please can you try rebooting your Mac into Safe Mode. Hold the button down until the Mac shuts off. If you cannot get into Safe Mode to uninstall Webroot then you will need to Contact Webroot Support and Webroot Technical Support Team can assist you with this problem. This is a Free Service.

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket

Call 1-866-612-4227

Hope this helps?