Solved

Webroot won't install on Mac OS Big Sur

• 31 December 2020
  • 2 replies

I recently received a keycode to update my expired Webroot but everything I have done to get it up and working isn’t. I uninstalled the application, saved the keycode and attempted to reinstall. I get the application into my Mac but when I attempt to click on it to open, the top left hand side shows the application name but it does not show anything else on the top toolbar. It also does not go any further than that, no matter how many times I click it to open. No matter how many times I uninstall and attempt to reinstall, it keeps getting stuck on that step. I can’t even attempt to put in the new keycode to finish installation. I’m looking to see what other options are available.

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 31 December 2020, 16:47

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @sketch7889 

For things like this it’s best to Submit a Support Ticket and they will sort it out for you.

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue. A reply from Support should take from 24 to 48 hours but could take a little longer because of COVID 19 and the Webroot Employees are busy working from home.

Thanks,

Something very similar happened to me.  I used Onyx by Titanium Software and just ran the default maintenance routines.  Rebooted and Webroot installed like a charm.  I have no idea what my problem was and can’t really say if yours is related but performing some well needed maintenance might be a good place to start.