WSA install on macOS Catalina

• 15 November 2019
  • 17 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

During WSA installation on macOS Catalina I don’t get a pop-up window at step 6 so I can’t finish the installation.

17 replies

Userlevel 7

Hello @rlrjr , Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. :relaxed:

Please submit a  Support Ticket  or  Contact Webroot Support  to sort this problem. This service is FREE with a Paid Subscription.

Support Ticket System is Open 24/7

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

( I will be moving this thread to the Mac Forum )

HTH,

Dave.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Thanks Dave. I entered a support ticket a few days ago. I’m waiting to hear back from them.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@rlrjr 

If it is convenient for you, consider calling.

Benefit: A tech can provide assistance in real-time. Additionally, if required, they can remotely ‘control’ your machine.

Downside: Depending on when you call, there may be a queue. When I called last week, the wait was about 30 minutes. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Thanks for the tip!

Userlevel 7
Badge +48

Hi @rlrjr , 

Can you send me via PM the email address that you used to reach out to support. It’s odd that they haven’t responded back to you. 

Also, I’mw working with product on this specific issue right now to try and troubleshoot. I want to be sure that this is in front of them. 

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Hi @rlrjr,

Are you using this link for instructions?

https://answers.webroot.com/Webroot/ukp.aspx?pid=12&app=vw&vw=1&login=1&solutionid=1991

could you clarify if you are referring to the language selection pop up or something else that is blocking your installation. 

Support will be your best bet because they will help walkthrough each step and ensure you are all set up, but we can try to help you meanwhile.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks

Pawani

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi @PVaddi 

Yes that’s the link I was using for the instructions.

I stumbled across a solution. I deleted a file named WSDaemon. After that I downloaded the installer and it worked. The installer put the WSDaemon file back but I guess having it there was somehow an issue. I’m good to go now.

Thanks,

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi @rlrjr,

Are you using this link for instructions?

https://answers.webroot.com/Webroot/ukp.aspx?pid=12&app=vw&vw=1&login=1&solutionid=1991

could you clarify if you are referring to the language selection pop up or something else that is blocking your installation. 

Support will be your best bet because they will help walkthrough each step and ensure you are all set up, but we can try to help you meanwhile.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks

Pawani

Support didn’t have a clue this morning about what I was talking about. I can’t get past Step 5 in your link to download the fix. Tech support told me to go to Best Buy and they will fix it. I just noticed the reply rlrjr and will give that a try. I’ve been patient for over a month but this has become more work than it should have been.

Userlevel 7

Support didn’t have a clue this morning about what I was talking about.

I could understand your problem, I’m running a Mac. When you talked to Support, did you talk to someone that had knowledge of the macOS? I know that some of us here on the Forum like @Ssherjj to name one member have been complaining about having a Mac Expert here on the forum. The last EXCELLENT Mac Expert we had here on the forum was @Wanderingbug . I’ll say it one more time, Having a Forum Mac Expert would solve a lot of problems here on the Webroot Forum.

https://community.webroot.com/ideas/the-webroot-forum-needs-a-mac-expert-339309

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Support didn’t have a clue this morning about what I was talking about.

I could understand your problem, I’m running a Mac. When you talked to Support, did you talk to someone that had knowledge of the macOS? I know that some of us here on the Forum like @Ssherjj to name one member have been complaining about having a Mac Expert here on the forum. The last EXCELLENT Mac Expert we had here on the forum was @Wanderingbug . I’ll say it one more time, Having a Forum Mac Expert would solve a lot of problems here on the Webroot Forum.

https://community.webroot.com/ideas/the-webroot-forum-needs-a-mac-expert-339309

You are right @ProTruckDriver ...we have had nothing but frustrations here trying to help others with Webroot on their Macs. We have lost alot of consumers over Webroot. It is really sad that @Wanderingbug isn’t with us anymore. It has been at least 3 years without a Mac expert on this Forum. :sleepy:

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@Jasper_The_Rasper 

@ProTruckDriver 

@Ssherjj 

@TripleHelix 

The mac moderators have done an admirable ‘job’ during the Catalina issue. However, you cannot, nor should you be, a substitute for a Mac expert employed by Webroot. Bluntly, if a company ‘hosts’ a forum, and relies on it for communication, it is critical to support it.

Like ProTruckDriver said, “Having a Forum Mac Expert would solve a lot of problems here on the Webroot Forum.

I understand that Webroot has been through some management changes. Notwithstanding, unless current management starts doing things ‘right’, there are not going to be any retail Mac customers left. The same is potentially true for moderators in the Mac sub-forum. These fine people are volunteers. It is not reasonable to expect them to ‘donate’ their time when Webroot refuses to provide ‘requested/required’ resources.       

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Thank you @BurnedByCatalina! We appreciate all your input and positive support in this Community Forum! 😊

Userlevel 7

Thank you @BurnedByCatalina! We appreciate all your input and positive support in this Community Forum! 😊

Same here @BurnedByCatalina  :thumbsup:

Badge +2

During WSA installation on macOS Catalina I don’t get a pop-up window at step 6 so I can’t finish the installation.

I have the exact same issue. Is there an expert that can provide some guidance on this community support platform ?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@ARob 

Welcome to the forum. 

The OP, @rlrjr, “stumbled across a solution” himself. See reply #7.

Note - I am not endorsing the presented solution. In short, I do not know the status of your Webroot installation, and whether it “matches” the OP’s at time of resolution.  

If you ‘need/want’ tech support, your best bet is Webroot Support, not this forum. Specifically, open an online support ticket (“send a message”), or telephone (“find phone numbers”). FWIW, I have had more success calling. 

Good luck. 

Badge +1

Same here, they asked me to call however the support number is not working when calling from NZ.

Great stuff.

Badge +1

Same here, they asked me to call however the support number is not working when calling from NZ.

Great stuff.

And as we have a quite big number of Mac users on our client portfolio we have started investigating another AV solution which will accommodate this better.