• 2 replies

Badge +3
So I have a:

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
Processor 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2 GB
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

This is a company laptop that I've taken over from the person who worked in my spot before me.
He had Webroot installed and I managed to delete it only after booting in safe mode.

However, now the laptop seems to want to take to the air randomly a few times per day with its fans going mental. When I look in the Activity Monitor, I see a process called WSDaemon taking up 99% of the processor speed. I really don't want anything to do with Webroot and I just want to get rid of this process.

I've checked in the system library but I can't find anything from webroot / wsdaemon.
Please advise how to remove or block this process from starting.
icon

Best answer by ProTruckDriver 29 May 2019, 14:02

View original

2 replies

Badge +3
Possible solution:

navigated to /usr/local/bin/WSdaemon

deleted the executable file and deleted WFdaemon as well.

So far it doesnt show up anymore. Will post back later to see if it's fixed
Userlevel 7
Hello @wtvdave Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum.☺️

I see that you want to uninstall Webroot from your Mac computer. There is a proper way of doing this with Sudo Commands from Webroot. The Sudo Commands will take ALL Files of Webroot off of your computer. Since you don't have a Webroot Account, it is best to call Webroot Support and they will completely uninstall it for you. Please don't try to do it yourself without the proper Sudo Commands. Please Contact Webroot Support to sort this problem.

As you can see there are many Webroot folders left behind after a uninstall of Webroot on a Mac computer. That is why Sudo commands are needed to uninstall properly.

HTH,
Dave.