Solved

0- day protection

• 9 August 2014
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +21
I have just been reading the AV-Test resuts for Webroot. It shows poor below average 0-day malware protection which appears to be getting worse over the months,.I am concerned as webroot is a paid product and Bitdefender free is top performing. Will Webroot be addressing this concern? 
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 9 August 2014, 13:25

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi stevecosta

I am afraid that you cannot really compare WSA with any of the other more traditional security apps including the one you mention, and certainly not by way of the traditional tests that the likes of AV-Test put the apps through.  This is because the do not take into account the unique way that WSA works/defends the user.

Essentially, and simply put, WSA does not consider an inert piece of malware as a threat...understandably, but the moment it becomes active WSA steps in to detect & stop in.  This has now been recognised, at least in part, by the testing 'industry' as it is and many of the key players are currently working with Webroot to construct tests that are a fairer test of WSA's approach/technology.

Not wishing to patronise you if you are already full aware of the way WSA, for information on how WSA works...if you would find that useful, please see this previous post that covers the topic well. 

Given all of this I feel confident in saying that Webroot have no need to do anything differently to what they have been and are doing to keep WSA ahead of the malware creators.  That is why I use it as my security app. ;)

Hope that helps answer the question?

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 3
Hi Baldrick,

that's valid also for MacOS?

https://www.av-test.org/en/news/news-single-view/strong-protection-for-macos-sierra-12-packages-put-to-the-test/

Cheers,
Busem