Solved

15 Month Subscription

• 24 August 2012
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 3
Will I still get the 15 month subscription if I purchase Essentials from a brick and mortar store or an internet site, or do I have to purchase it through Webroot? 
icon

Best answer by JimM 24 August 2012, 21:59

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 5
I believe this offer, which is valid until 6 September, is only available here at webroot.com. I, however, stand to be corrected on that one.
Userlevel 3
Thanks. I was just wondering, because I was reading some of the reviews on Amazon and they were discussing the 15 month subscription where some received it and some didn't. I wonder if I will lose my remaining days if I upgrade before they are up?
Userlevel 7
Thanks for the reply, Tony! ;)

Don't worry JD, the new subscription will not activate until you plug in the new keycode and press activate. You can simply use the product you are on until it expires and then navigate to the SecureAnywhere interface>click the My Account tab>click the Activate a new keycode button>copy & paste the new keycode>click activate.
Userlevel 3
Thanks for your reply Mike. Since the 15 month subscription expires on September 6, won't I lose it if I activate the new code after that date? I will also be upgrading from the anit-virus to Essentials.  I figure if I can do that, and I have 43 days left on my current subscription and I upgrade to Essentials with a 15 month subscription that will give me unitl 1/2/2014  until my subscription runs out.
Userlevel 7
The subscription doesn't activate until you install it. So assuming you purchase a 15-month subscription now, it will remain an unactivated 15-month subscription until it is activated.
Userlevel 3
Since my current subscription for the anti-virus will expire on Oct 5, and the 15 month Essentials offer expires on September 6, will I have to activiate the 15 month subscription on or before September 6 or will it still be valid when my current subscription expires on Oct 5?

So I am to understand that it will remain a 15 month subscription even after the September 6 purchase date if I activate it by October 5th?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
What I would do is buy it now and contact Support and get the new license added on to your old one so you will not miss any time just be clear to them that you want it added on so you will have 16 months plus a few days! 😉 Or maybe JimM or another Webroot staff member here can get you on the right road?

HTH,

TH
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
The subscription doesn't activate until you install it. So assuming you purchase a 15-month subscription now, it will remain an unactivated 15-month subscription until it is activated.
Now that is a Great Deal as Jim stated. Shop around JDMoose, there are some great deals out there for WSA Online, Department Stores, Webroot..... A few months back I received a military coupon in the mail for discounts on the Military Base. I took advantage of that coupon with WSA Complete. The Military Base sold WSA Complete for $39.99. With the coupon $29.99. I bought 3 boxes and all the boxes had a sticker on them "Get 15 months of protection for the price of 12 months". It all added up to $89.97 Total (No Tax on Base) for 45 months of WSA Complete. From what I understand you can run Complete like Essentials if you want. Then I consolidated the Keycodes: https:///t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/Consolidation-of-Keycodes/td-p/8302
Webroot is a very easy Company to work with and if you read this forum,as you can see they will do everything possible to help you out. ;)

Userlevel 3
That was going to be my next question. It looks like I will have to purchase Essentials as a new item. If I do an upgrade or renewal I will only get a 13 month subscription. So I will have to call support. The only problem I have with that is they always try to upsell me to purchase a three year subscription. The reason I am against that is because I did it with another company years ago and they changed their product and it really messed up my PC and I was out the money for the remainder of the subscription. That is when I changed to Webroot.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Since my current subscription for the anti-virus will expire on Oct 5, and the 15 month Essentials offer expires on September 6, will I have to activiate the 15 month subscription on or before September 6 or will it still be valid when my current subscription expires on Oct 5?

So I am to understand that it will remain a 15 month subscription even after the September 6 purchase date if I activate it by October 5th?
It will remain a full,15-month subscription until it is activated, even if the activation date is beyond the offer date.  For instance, if you bought a 15-month subscription today and waited any number of months, let's say until February, to activate it, it will still begin your new subscription with 15 months on it.
Userlevel 3
I'd like to thank everyone for their help and advice on my subscription renewal and upgrading to Essentials. I just called support and they upgraded the software and added the extra 42 remaining days to the 15 month subscription. Now I am good until January of 2014! Their support sales was really a great help and it upgraded within 5 minutes.   :D  Again everyone on this forum was very helpful. Thanks again!
Userlevel 7
Good deal! If you have any other questions, feel free to post them. 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Great to hear nice and positive comments as most would be as the complete Webroot Staff is the best always! ;)

TH