Solved

"Active Threat Found" ???

• 29 September 2016
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
I started my computer and then came back to it a few minutes later. In the lower right corner of my screen I saw the Webroot icon was grayed out with a red exclamation point over it. When I double clicked on the icon, the Webroot window opened and stated in red type something close to Active Threat Found and that it needed to scan to resolve the issue. I noticed that it had scanned 7 minutes prior. I initiated a scan and the results were No Threats Found. ??? What is going on?
icon

Best answer by BurnDaddy 29 September 2016, 15:55

View original

4 replies

Hi DkentS,

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

You can view your threat log to determine what, if any, threats were found.

To do this open the Webroot interface. Click on the gear next to Utilities. Then select the Reports tab. Then select the Save threat log button. After choosing a save location you'll be able to view the log.

??

Hope this info helps. Please let us know if you still need assistance, :)
BD

Userlevel 3
Thanks for your quick response. I did what you said to do and when I clicked to save the threat log a message came up saying there are no entries in the threat log. What was the Active Threat message that I saw on the Webroot screen after I double clicked the icon in the lower right of my screen and what was the red exclamation point on the Webroot icon in the lower right of my screen?
Userlevel 7
Please feel free to contact Support directly for any questions/concerns:
Support Number: 1-866-612-4227 M-F 7am?6pm MT
Send us a Support Ticket
Hi DKentS,

I'm not exactly sure what it was that you saw, perhaps a glitch. But as, JP has posted, it would be best to call Webroot support or submit a trouble ticket so they can have a look, just to be sure. This is a free service with a valid subsciption.

Thanks,
BD