All zeros for current session

• 2 March 2018
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Having two issues for the past week or so. 

1. I have two iterations of WRSA.exe opening up when my PC boots in Windows 7. One is less than 1MB, the other fluctuates.

2. For current session, I get zeroes all across. I can still scan a file manually but honestly don't know if this affects my real time protection.

This doesn't happen every time but I prefer a more constant state rather than re-booting & hoping it sorts itself out.

Any help would be appreaciated.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +35
Hi @, it sounds like you may have two installations on your system. I would recommend uninstalling and reinstalling, as that would set you up with just one installation. Let me know if you need the download instructions again and I will be happy to send them to you.
Userlevel 1
well @, that's weird because I never installed it twice. I've had webroot for at least 6 years on the same PC & the problems just started a few days ago. I'd appreciate the download instructions. Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
If the uninstall/reinstall doesn't work I would suggest you reach out to our https://www.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp as there may be something else going on. 
Can you please PM me your keycode or the email associated with your account? Once I locate your record I can send you the download instructions. 
Userlevel 1
Reinstalling did the job but noticed that right clicking a file no longer gives me the option of scanning just that file. What can I do?
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Geed,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

To Enable right click scanning in Windows Explorer' setting...just in case it is off?  Go to Advanced Serttings (top right in the main Webroot GUI panel) and then select the 'Scan Settings' tab on the left of the page displayed.  The setting you are looking for is at the bootom of the list on the right of the page.

It should be set on by default but sometimes during installation that setting gets lost.

Hope this helps?
Userlevel 1
It was already checked but not showing up on right click. I tried unchecking then checking but didn't work. I'll check again next reboot.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Geed,

Thank you for letting me know that. If you still have this issue after a reboot. Then please do as suggested by @ and Submit a Support Ticket. Alright? The Webroot Support Team can fix this right up for you. Free of charge with your Webroot subscription.
Userlevel 1
Guess I'll have to. Apparently I've also lost the ability to uninstall Webroot in Control Panel to try reinstalling again. :D Just too funny. Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @,

If you want to try to uninstall Webroot then please look HERE

Then follow these instructions to reinstall:

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue? Or you can wait for Webroot Support to help you with this.

Thanks,