Any Conflicts between ESET Smart Security Premium and Malwarebytes Premium 

icon

Best answer by jhartnerd123 9 April 2021, 19:51

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

@adfuson 

Friendly reminder this is a Webroot forum. Best to ask that question on one or both of those respective companies forums or help areas. 

Kind Regards

John

I guess I should have said are there any conflicts between Webroot Secure Anywhere and ESET Smart Security Premium and Malwarebytes Premium…. 

I am told now that I should NOT have any!

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

I guess I should have said are there any conflicts between Webroot Secure Anywhere and ESET Smart Security Premium and Malwarebytes Premium…. 

I am told now that I should NOT have any!

You didn’t mention Webroot. Having all 3 is not a good Idea because of Conflict I can use WSA with MBAM if I turn off some of MBAM shields but i just use it on demand if ever need be. Can’t say between ESET and WSA as it’s been a long time since I used both of them together and again ESET has many Shields over the years and they could conflict with WSA’s Shields but if you want to try it and let us know. https://docs.webroot.com/us/en/home/wsa_pc_userguide/wsa_pc_userguide.htm#ShieldingYourPC/PCShieldsOverview.htm?TocPath=Shielding%2520Your%2520PC%257C_____1

My personal preference is WSA and a Computer Lock like VoodooShield is an awesome combo but since this is the Webroot Community I can’t talk more about VoodooShield sorry.

HTH,

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

If you’re using Webroot, you are good to go. The rest is if you want to add a second opinion scanner and NOT run it actively in the background. 

The better things to do are lock down settings on the system if you aren’t using such as

• macros and active x in all office apps. Set that in the trust centre to disable without notification (That way macro attacks are mitigated as you’ll never see the option to enable in word etc.)
  • if you are using pro version of windows disable powershell if you aren’t  using it through Group Policy Editor. (There goes automated powershell attacks)
  • Disable Windows Script Host either through registry or through a downloaded Webroot tool
    https://download.webroot.com/DisableWSCRYPT.exe and then run it from a command prompt with the -disable switch (That turns off the Windows Script Host and mitigates script attacks)

These things are better done that installing multiple security programs. I’d never do that unless they had a specific/custom purpose above and beyond Endpoint Protection like the Webroot Agent provides.

Hope this helps. Have a great weekend :-)

John