Solved

Anybody getting message from Windows 10 that Webroot is not on even when Webroot window says on?

• 13 January 2016
  • 10 replies

Anybody else getting message from Windows 10 that Webroot is off even when Webroot window says everything IS on?  At first even said Windows Defender was off but was able to turn that back on in Control Panel but not the Webroot.  Again, the Webroot window itself does show that everything is, indeed, on.  Anybody have any experience and/or advice on this?
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 13 January 2016, 23:11

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
What build from Secure Anywhere are you running? I thought this issue was fixed with the .46 build.Double-click on the Webroot icon in the system tray ( lower right end of your desktop ) and go to "My Account".If it doesn't say .46 at the end i suggest you check for updates. Had something like that but after update it does not happen anymore.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

To add what Edwin said support has suggested that users continue to have issues because of v9.0.7.42 is to do a clean reinstall of v9.0.7.46 and that should solve your issue.

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and don't import any settings if asked to as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Thanks. It does say .46
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
But for your issue you need to do a clean reinstall.

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
I did exactly as you said.  The webroot window says it's on, the program file shows Webroot installed 1/13/16 and the Control panel lists Webroot as on!!!  Thanks.  I feel more secure now.

The problem actually started with a massive update of Windows 10 by Microsoft.  Couldn't even get anywhere online.  This morning Microsoft updated again and I am again able to surf online on my preferred Google Chrome.  But I am glad I tried out the new Edge by Microsoft.  Was able to do everything I couldn't do in Chrome while it was not working and actually downloaded and saved some files the original pdf file way.  May start using it more often.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Your very Welcome! Yes many things can break other software like Windows Updates so in this case a clean reinstall was necessary and most times fixes WSA issues!

Cheers,

Daniel 😉
I get messages that say I have internet security isssues from Windows.  The only way I can turn this off is to turn my computer off and restart.  How do I resolve that?    
Userlevel 5
Badge +14
Hi, My system seems to be working perfectly. My account shows I am using 9.09.19.43, which dates to the time of the Microsoft issue of January and the Webroot update patch.My techie dealt with this on 17th Jan using the link supplied by Community. I am set to automatically download & install all Webroot updates. So I am I up to date with 8.1 or is the ...46 update only for Windows 10 users?
I goy big head_dash sour_throat_and badback.
Userlevel 5
Badge +14
Hi Webroot techies- Any info on the correct curent operating number for 8.1. Is 9.09.19.43 still OK. As I said my update downloads should be automatic & indeed doen in the cloud.
Grateful for a response. My 'techie' will be visitin in 2 days time so the correct position would be helpful.