Auto renewal (my 50 cents)

• 28 November 2015
  • 7 replies

Seven days before your subscription ends, your protection will be automatically renewed for 1 Year at just $59.99, charged to the billing information you provided. Thereafter, your account will continue to renew annually and we will send you reminders before each renewal.

~snip Removed Affilate Link as they are not to be posted on the Community and used elsewhere. snip~
(this offer has been for a year now.. or returned again, and again), as I bought it last christmas through this offer or similar).

Why does it seem that customers that stay with X company.
I'm talking general now, because i've seen this in number of occasions, make returning customers pay more than new customers.
I know that companies want to "lure" people in to get more customers.
But it make the returning customer feel like he is second rate and just got robbed.
Like now I would have "lost" 30$
I did like your software enough to buy it again, but I liked the 29.99$ price better and bought it again that way, and said no to the auto renewal.

This post is just a heads up to you Webroot people.

Ps. I like the word "just" in the "just 59.99$".

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
I think it's an issue for the experts lie ? or maybe ? as i'm not familiar with the new prices & renewal prices via WR nor BestBuy 
Userlevel 7
Badge +34
I agree that renewals could be more user friendly.  By way of comparison, I use a VPN that currently are offering a 35% discount for all renewals that applies equally for all new subscribers. Tranparent and straightforward and good value. The extra days are automatically added to your existing credit.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
To Opt out of Uninterrupted Protection just go here and put the keycode or keycodes in and it will be removed from auto renewal! https://www.webroot.com/us/en/auto-renewal-optout

Thanks,

Daniel

P.S. Please don't post Affiliate links on the Community as it's counter productive as they are used elsewhere http://www.webroot.com/us/en/partners/reseller/
Userlevel 7
Hi icemanlceer

That is indeed the case and as with a lot of purchases online there is an auto renewal option (I recently bought further time for another apps and had to uncheck the auto renewal option that had been conveniently checked for me)...this is very normal marketing practice these days.

And of course once can always find a cheaper price at other than the author's website.

This has been brought up a number of times in the Community and I believe that the feedback was that Webroot at looking atthis and how they want to operate in the future...but I said before one will always find a cheaper price at other than the author's website...but not always from as reputable a source.  ;)

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Superb answer ? Somethimes getting things cheaper doesn't guarantee the same quality of product & support.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
I agree that renewals could be more user friendly.  By way of comparison, I use a VPN that currently are offering a 35% discount for all renewals that applies equally for all new subscribers. Tranparent and straightforward and good value. The extra days are automatically added to your existing credit.

Your right but if you buy a different Keycode it must be the same product as you have and you can contact support and they will add the time onto your current keycode. Another benefit is it doesn't mess up Passwords or Back Up & Sync if you use ISP or Complete versions.

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Part of it is up to the resellers, as they set their retail pricing and can have whatever sales discounts they like, including using Webroot as a loss leader.

But I agree, if you are price conscious it always pays to look for a deal on a new keycode rather than renewing your existing one.  You can even buy several keycodes if you find a good deal and stock up for future years.  They don't start counting down until you actually use them on a computer.