Solved

Can I manage it locally only without the Web Console?

• 30 March 2013
  • 4 replies

I just got a message saying that I the Web Console will over-ride my local SecureAnywhere settings.  Is there a way that I can manage SecureAnywhere locally only?

I don't like the feeling that someone can manage my machine through a web-based account.  Or maybe I am not understanding this correctly?  I just want to manage my machine locally only.
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 30 March 2013, 11:09

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi tyzenker

Yes, there is.  If you access the web console and under 'PC Security' click on the 'Go to PC Security' you should be taken to a page that shows all the PCs that you have registered/are protected by WSA.  Click on the icon for the one or ones (in turn) that you are interested in changing the setting for and that should display a popup panel headed with three options; About, Scan Information & Commands.  Make sure that About is selected and then look at the bottom of the panel.  There you should see 'User Configuration' with '(Edit)' next to it.  If yo click on edit you have access to a dropdonw that allows you to select local management amongst other options.

You fo course need to do the same for each computer protected as in each case you are only makingt he change for the computer selected.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Balders
Can I do this without logging into the internet?  I don't want to have any web interface determining my settings in any way.

I want to have a virus program that occassionally gets updates (when I request it), but is managed locally on my machine.  I don't want to even log into a web interface even one time.

Is there a setting within the webroot on my computer that I can cut off any communication with your web consule?
Userlevel 7
Not as far as I know.  But then again you only need to go into the web console, i.e., on to the internet, once to apply the setting and then, as far as I am aware from then on you are controlling WSA configuration locally.

Is going onto the internet even just once a problem for you?  And if so then I would question your reasons for using WSA at all as whilst it will work off line it is really best used with an active web connection given that main capabilities are cloud-based?

But then again perhaps I have misundestood you once more...in which case I apologise.

Regards

Balders
Userlevel 7
This topic appears to be a duplicate of this other topic, started by the same forum member.  I'm going to close out this topic and ask that members please post into the other topic to avoid any confusion.  Thanks!