Solved

Can I still use a keycode for Webroot SecureAnywhere Essentials 2012 and get updates?

I have an unused CD and keycode for the Webroot SecureAnywhere Essentials 2012. Can I still install it and get an upgrade to the 2014 version? 
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 18 August 2014, 20:00

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi AverageJoe

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Simple answer is, I believe, 'Yes'...although the product range does not include 'Essentials' anymore...but I believe that the key should unlock the' Internet Security Plus' version features.

@ perhaps you could confirm or refute this...you input will be much appreciated...as always. ;)

Regards

Baldrick
can i download and install Webroot SecureAnywhere Internet Security Complete (2014) and then use the Webroot SecureAnywhere Essentials 2012 keycode?
Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
I have an unused CD and keycode for the Webroot SecureAnywhere Essentials 2012. Can I still install it and get an upgrade to the 2014 version? 
Hello and Welcome AverageJoe to the Community Forum. You could contact the support Team Here or/and install your vesion of WSA 2012 and update it. But I do believe when adding your keycode that you would need to contact the support team for an upgrade.

Maybe @ or @ can advise her further!

Also please update us if you need further assistance or let us know how it all turns out.

Visit and join in the Forum at anytime just to browse or to have fun learning!:D
Userlevel 7
Hi AverageJoe

There is only one installer and it is the keycode that 'unlocks' the features for the version that you have purchased...so you have nothing to loose by downloading the installer (am assumiing that we are talking PC rather than Mac...but do say if you need the other one), and then applying your keycode (which you have to do at the start of the install process)...it will either work and proceed or advise that the key will not work (would be surprised if it does not) in whcih case you should contact Support for assistance, as has been suggested by Sherry.

Hope that helps?

Regards

Baldrick
thanks.....................
Userlevel 7
No problem...please do let us know what you decide to do and how it pans out.

Feedback from users like yourself is very useful to the Community, as it validates that we are providing the right information, but also keeps us abreast of developments and changes.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
thanks.....................
Your very :DWelcome and make sure you come on back to visit us and join in the Fun Forum of Volunteers I might also add!!;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
can i download and install Webroot SecureAnywhere Internet Security Complete (2014) and then use the Webroot SecureAnywhere Essentials 2012 keycode?
Thanks
It's best if @ takes a look at it as the 2012 Essentials had Back Up & Sync and good for only 3 seats also it was replaced with Webroot SecureAnywhere™ Internet Security Plus which does not have Back Up & Sync and still 3 seats so in this case I'm not sure or contact the Sales department in your area http://www.webroot.com/us/en/company/contact-us and please let us know what they say as it could help other users that still have leftover 2012 Essentials keycodes!

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Give the keycode a go with the new installer - if it doesn't work let me know and I might be able to replace it with an up to date keycode.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Give the keycode a go with the new installer - if it doesn't work let me know and I might be able to replace it with an up to date keycode.
Hi Nic

Many thanks for interjecting.

Regards

Baldrick