Solved

Can my Browser Settings Block My Ability to Post in One Particular Forum?

• 18 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

There is a forum on the Web where I yearn to post.  For six months, when I attempt it I receive the following:

________________, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I use Firefox, Edge, and Chrome browsers; all three receive the same error message.  Eight months ago I was able to post in the forum.  Others are posting.  The site is up and running.  I’m in contact with the site admin.

Can it be Webroot?

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 18 March 2023, 19:13

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @UnhappywithWebroot 

Have you tried shutting down Webroot to see if WSA is the issue? Try that and let us know.

Thanks,

Userlevel 1

Wellllll THAT was a good idea, TripleHelix.  Thank you!

Shut down WSA and still can’t post.  Guess that means they removed my privilege, huh?

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Wellllll THAT was a good idea, TripleHelix.  Thank you!

Shut down WSA and still can’t post.  Guess that means they removed my privilege, huh?

Like you said contact there Admin and see what's going on. Hope you can sort it out!

Thanks,