Can't change account settings. It logs me out when I click on it.

Userlevel 1
It is also showing "error retrieving data"  Help please!
Thanks,
Scot

30 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @,

Welcome to the Community Forum,

From my research I have found this.

This solution addresses Webroot SecureAnywhere http://sw.nohold.net/Webroot/Images/wsa_icon.png

If you are using your online management account in Internet Explorer and using the Google Frame BHO (Browser Helper Object), you may receive a message stating "Error Retrieving Data" when trying to access parts of the management account.

This issue is caused by a conflict between the Google Frame Add-on affecting the display of the Webroot online management account, as the add-on is used to make Internet Explorer look like Google Chrome.

To work around this issue, please access your online management account through a different browser (such as Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome) or temporarily disable the Google Frame Add-on within Internet Explorer.

At this time we do not have plans to fix this conflict, as the Google Frame BHO will be retired in January 2014.

. But you can issue a Support Ticket free of charge with an active subscription.

Hope this helps and let us know how things are going for you so that we may help others with similar issues. Thanks!

Kind Regards

Userlevel 1
Thank you. I'll try that. I think my computer has been hacked...
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Scott,

If you are having issues beyond your control and you suspect you have been hacked then remember you can submit that Support Ticket.

May I ask why you think you have been hacked?

Kind Regards,
Userlevel 1
Microsoft called and showed me the Event viewer and it shows lots of error messages and warnings. I am not very computer savvy when it comes to technical stuff. Botnet virus is what they said.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Scott,

Please read this below,   Who called who first?

THIS IS A SCAM!!  Neither Microsoft nor any other company sends emails, pop ups, or phone calls of any kind advising that you may have a problem.

If you clicked anything links, allowed them to remote into your computer, or went to any web sites please submit a Trouble Ticket ASAP.  (Now would be a good idea....)

If you would like more information, read on (After submitting that Trouble Ticket.....)

NEWS ARTICLE: Tech Support Scams are on the rise.

Microsoft never issues this type of warning or email or anything of a sort!  Please see the following link for Microsofts official word on this:
http://www.microsoft.com/security/online-privacy/avoid-phone-scams.aspx

"Neither Microsoft nor our partners make unsolicited phone calls (also known as cold calls) to charge you for computer security or software fixes.

Cybercriminals often use publicly available phone directories so they might know your name and other personal information when they call you. They might even guess what operating system you're using.

Once they've gained your trust, they might ask for your user name and password or ask you to go to a website to install software that will let them access your computer to fix it. Once you do this, your computer and your personal information is vulnerable."

Also see Avoid scams that use the Microsoft name fraudulently
http://www.microsoft.com/security/online-privacy/msname.aspx 

For more information here iwhat the United States Federal Trade Commission has to say on the subject::
http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0346-tech-support-scams

"In a recent twist, scam artists are using the phone to try to break into your computer. They call, claiming to be computer techs associated with well-known companies like Microsoft. They say that they’ve detected viruses or other malware on your computer to trick you into giving them remote access or paying for software you don’t need.

These scammers take advantage of your reasonable concerns about viruses and other threats. They know that computer users have heard time and again that it’s important to install security software. But the purpose behind their elaborate scheme isn’t to protect your computer; it’s to make money."

This scam is common and has been around for quite a while.  Here is a good Webroot Blog article from April 2013 by Threat Researcher Roy Tobin.
http://www.webroot.com/blog/2013/04/30/fake-microsoft-security-scam/

Also to help with these issues it's best to install an Ablocker like Adblock Plus for most Browsers: https://adblockplus.org/

Userlevel 1
Yep. I guess I've been had and hacked.
Userlevel 1
I turned in a trouble ticket last night. Still no replies yet.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi @

May I asked if you paid for this so called service and if you did can you get your money back and tell credit card bank that you were scammed.

But please issue that Support Ticket ASAP!

So sorry that this happened to you!!

EDIT: Beings as it's the weekend it might take longer and this Easter Holiday. Be patient and Support will get a hold of you.
Userlevel 1
Did not pay. Here is the note they wrote....

Helpline no. :-347 6961095
Network security
avg internet security( avg )
1.firewall
2.Anti virus
3. spywares protections
Advance systemcare
Update all softwares
Update all Drivers
Optmized your computer
1 year :-$99.99
3 years:-$149.99
5 years:-$199.99
lifetime:-$299.99
free unlimited support
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Scott,

That's good that you didn't pay for this service.

Will you let us know the outcome? Thanks

Kind Regards,
Userlevel 1
Trying  to logon to customer service and cannot get in. Thank you for helping me this Easter!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ can you assit Scott,

I'm away from computer now..
Userlevel 7
Hi Scott

Can you advise as to how you are trying to logon to customer service?  Do you have a specific url that you are using?  If so then what is it...please post it so I can check it for you.

Regards, Baldrick.
Userlevel 1
Thank you for assisting Baldrick. The url is https://www.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcomeback.asp#
Userlevel 1
This virus affects my mouse and keyboard. Ugh! Very frustrating. 

I am on Firefox and webroot has my Google Chrome blocked out to where I cannot access the internet. I have not figured out all of  the capabilities of this internet security thing. I used to have Norton, but it wasn't performing well, so I ditched it.
Userlevel 7
OK, well that url checks out.  So what is the issue?  Have you forgotten the password to enter?  If so then just click on the 'Forgotten Password' link to sort that out.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 1
It keeps kicking me back to email screen. I enter my email address and click "allow cookies" and hit continue. I enter my password and have to click "allow cookies" again and hit continue, it then sends me back to the beginning. I'll try your suggestion but my password works everywhere else in webroot.
Userlevel 7
Hi Scott

The password you are supposed to enter is as per this message from the website:

"Please enter your password below if you wish to continue with your previous conversation. Your password will have been previously emailed to you."

It is not the one that you use to access the Password Manager or your online web console.

I think that you are using the wrong password.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 1
Okay I sent the forgotten password. Still does not work.
Userlevel 7
So you enter your email address (the one that you have used to register WSA) and then on the next screen you ente the password that has been emailed to you by Support...and then you get kicked out.

I have never hear of this before.  Would you pleas erecheck that yo are entering the email addres and the password that the Support Team have emailed you.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 1
Yes I am using correct email and I even tried copy and paste their password. Several times.  This pops up again on the password screen after I click allow cookies on the email page.

This site needs to use cookies to function correctly.
Please click the button to accept our cookies. Some may have been set already. Read about our cookies and how to manage them.
Allow Cookies
Userlevel 1
Okay.  I was able to get in using IE. Firefox won't let it open and Google Chrome cannot link to the internet because webroot blocked it.
Userlevel 7
Well, not sure as to why that would be happening.  I have just tried to log a ticket and has to say that I had no issues with doing so, but I only had the cookies-related prompt once when yo seem to be getting it repeatedly...so I suspect that it is something to do with that.

Can you try another browser such IE to see if yo ucan around the coookie issue?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 1
i used IE and logged in. Sent another ticket but still no reply except for the password email
Userlevel 7
Hi Scott

It can take time, especially at a weekend, for the Support Team to respond...you will get an acknowledgement of the ticket being received (your "the password email") but must wait for a further email indicating that they have responded so that you can then log back into the support ticket system to access the conversation.

If that is too slow for you then you should found the relevant phone no., but in my experience you will only get a reply to that in working hours week days, so the support ticket ends up being the quickest and best means of communication.

Regards, Baldrick