Can't change account settings. It logs me out when I click on it.

Userlevel 1
It is also showing "error retrieving data"  Help please!
Thanks,
Scot

30 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Scots,

That's great to hear..thanks for letting us know! 🙂
Userlevel 1
Thanks you two for all the help and for steering me into the right direction. Just a quick follow up, I let Raymond do a re-install and he says my computer is doing well. So now I am protected.
Userlevel 1
Will do. 🙂
Userlevel 7
No worries, Scott

Keep us posted on progress, and if you have not heard back soon then post back here and we can try to see if we can get some focus on your ticket...if at all possible.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 1
Thanks again for all of your help Baldrick and Sherry. I will continue to wait.
Userlevel 7
Hi Scott

It can take time, especially at a weekend, for the Support Team to respond...you will get an acknowledgement of the ticket being received (your "the password email") but must wait for a further email indicating that they have responded so that you can then log back into the support ticket system to access the conversation.

If that is too slow for you then you should found the relevant phone no., but in my experience you will only get a reply to that in working hours week days, so the support ticket ends up being the quickest and best means of communication.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 1
i used IE and logged in. Sent another ticket but still no reply except for the password email
Userlevel 7
Well, not sure as to why that would be happening.  I have just tried to log a ticket and has to say that I had no issues with doing so, but I only had the cookies-related prompt once when yo seem to be getting it repeatedly...so I suspect that it is something to do with that.

Can you try another browser such IE to see if yo ucan around the coookie issue?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 1
Okay.  I was able to get in using IE. Firefox won't let it open and Google Chrome cannot link to the internet because webroot blocked it.
Userlevel 1
Yes I am using correct email and I even tried copy and paste their password. Several times.  This pops up again on the password screen after I click allow cookies on the email page.

This site needs to use cookies to function correctly.
Please click the button to accept our cookies. Some may have been set already. Read about our cookies and how to manage them.
Allow Cookies
Userlevel 7
So you enter your email address (the one that you have used to register WSA) and then on the next screen you ente the password that has been emailed to you by Support...and then you get kicked out.

I have never hear of this before.  Would you pleas erecheck that yo are entering the email addres and the password that the Support Team have emailed you.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 1
Okay I sent the forgotten password. Still does not work.
Userlevel 7
Hi Scott

The password you are supposed to enter is as per this message from the website:

"Please enter your password below if you wish to continue with your previous conversation. Your password will have been previously emailed to you."

It is not the one that you use to access the Password Manager or your online web console.

I think that you are using the wrong password.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 1
It keeps kicking me back to email screen. I enter my email address and click "allow cookies" and hit continue. I enter my password and have to click "allow cookies" again and hit continue, it then sends me back to the beginning. I'll try your suggestion but my password works everywhere else in webroot.
Userlevel 7
OK, well that url checks out.  So what is the issue?  Have you forgotten the password to enter?  If so then just click on the 'Forgotten Password' link to sort that out.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 1
This virus affects my mouse and keyboard. Ugh! Very frustrating. 

I am on Firefox and webroot has my Google Chrome blocked out to where I cannot access the internet. I have not figured out all of  the capabilities of this internet security thing. I used to have Norton, but it wasn't performing well, so I ditched it.
Userlevel 1
Thank you for assisting Baldrick. The url is https://www.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcomeback.asp#
Userlevel 7
Hi Scott

Can you advise as to how you are trying to logon to customer service?  Do you have a specific url that you are using?  If so then what is it...please post it so I can check it for you.

Regards, Baldrick.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ can you assit Scott,

I'm away from computer now..
Userlevel 1
Trying  to logon to customer service and cannot get in. Thank you for helping me this Easter!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Scott,

That's good that you didn't pay for this service.

Will you let us know the outcome? Thanks

Kind Regards,
Userlevel 1
Did not pay. Here is the note they wrote....

Helpline no. :-347 6961095
Network security
avg internet security( avg )
1.firewall
2.Anti virus
3. spywares protections
Advance systemcare
Update all softwares
Update all Drivers
Optmized your computer
1 year :-$99.99
3 years:-$149.99
5 years:-$199.99
lifetime:-$299.99
free unlimited support
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi @

May I asked if you paid for this so called service and if you did can you get your money back and tell credit card bank that you were scammed.

But please issue that Support Ticket ASAP!

So sorry that this happened to you!!

EDIT: Beings as it's the weekend it might take longer and this Easter Holiday. Be patient and Support will get a hold of you.
Userlevel 1
I turned in a trouble ticket last night. Still no replies yet.
Userlevel 1
Yep. I guess I've been had and hacked.