Solved

Can't find web filter extension in Firefox 50.1

• 16 December 2016
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
After Windows Defender took over security, had to disable it then uninstall/reinstall Webroot. Now can't find the web filter extension. Did this two days ago, and again today. Noticed today it downloaded a different version of webroot. Still can't find the extension for Firefox. Not getting the little checkmarks on the web sites which were very handy to have. Anyone know what the deal is?
icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 16 December 2016, 22:09

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello tjh,

Welcome to the Webroot Forum,

Sorry to hear about this issue. Have you checked the Firefox Add- ons /extentions to see if the Webroot Wbfilter is enabled?

If you do not have the Webfiter then I'd do a uninstall/clean reinstall of Webroot.

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need.
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and do NOT import any settings if offered by the installer as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Hi tjh

Welcome to the Community Forums.

You could try this unofficial way of unistalling the Webroot Filtering Extension.

I have not tried in a while but the last time I did it worked fine, with no ill effects.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 1
Thank you! That worked.  I was using the download from the Webroot site instead of Best Buy, don't know if that was the issue...didn't reboot after uninstalling either. Again, thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi tjh,

That's great! Thank you for letting us know!

Happy Holidays!:D