Cannot access new website that my bank started, either with Firefox or Int. Expl?

• 13 June 2015
  • 7 replies

My bank started a new website. I could not access it with Firefox, my browser. Tried Int. Explorer and that worked. Refreshed Firefox. Now neither browser works for this website. Could Webroot be the problem?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi dstorey28

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Well, to check if it is WSA or not just shut down protection temporarily and see if with WSA shut down the issue persists.  To shut down WSA all you need to do is to right click on the notification area WSA icon (Green W in a Circle) and select 'Shutdown Protection' from the conext menu displayed...confrim that you want to shut down, enter the CAPTCHA characters requested and bingo.

Try the site again and either way renable WSA ASAP afterwards by double clicking on the Desktop icon.

Let us know what you find and we can take it from there.

Regards, Baldrick
Thanks for outlining the procedure. I tried it, and determined that Webroot was not the problem. Now I've turned Webroot on again. Do you have any further ideas? The bank's support people are mystified.
Userlevel 7
Well, that is good news of sorts.  Is the issue with all sites or just a specific site?  IF just one site then please post the url and we will try it out here and see if we can recreate the issue.

Regards, Baldrick
It is one site only-www.umassfive.coop-but the problem is that I can open their home page, but cannot access the password protected account information within the site. And I am pretty sure that the password is not the problem, because the bank, using my password but their portal, can access my account info. At first I thought the problem was Firefaox, but now I can't make it work wth IE either.
Userlevel 7
Hi dstorey28

Are you sure that youou have provide the correct url as when I try to use what you have provided my ISP presents me with a message as follows:

Sorry, we could not find www.umassfive.coop-but.

Would check and repost the url and then I will be able to give it a try.

Cheers, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
I was able to access it just fine and the login screen to manage a bank account.  That is, once I figured out that it was 
www.umassfive.coop 
and
 https://online.umassfive.coop/auth/SignIn?wa=wsignin1.0&wtrealm=https%3A%2F%2Fonline.umassfive.coop%2Fbanking%2F&wctx=rm%3D0%26id%3Dpassive%26ru%3D%252fbanking%252f&wct=2015-06-14T21%3A57%3A33Z

I realize that I still might not be duplicating the same problem as you but I was able to access those screens with Aviator, Firefox, Chrome, and Opera.  I stopped there and did not try any others.

Regards,
Dave

Yes, I too can access the login screen, but then after trying to login, I get the message "We are unable to validate your information," and therefore, I cannot access my account info. If I take my laptop to the bank, they are able to access my account using their browser but my password, etc., so they are mystified. At first, it seemed that Firefox was the problem, as Ii failed with that, but succeeded with Int. Explorer. But after one day, that stopped working too??