Solved

Changed password problems

I recently changed my password on the secureanywhere web interface and it works fine, but when I want to go into Password tab on the webroot site it shows " try again later or wait 5 minutes". Image of popup i.imgur.com/47ZbbX6.jpg

The other problem I'm having is the webroot password manage app for firefox wants me to use the old password to log on not the new password.

I have closed firefox cleared cache and cookies restarted the pc and still having the problem.
Thank you

P.S. This was post to support and they wrote back on how to change my primary  email.
icon

Best answer by bogeyman459 27 August 2014, 01:16

View original

59 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello bakedbean, welcome to the Webroot Commuity!

Try changing the password again to something else.  It sounds like the new password failed to be sent to the system that runs the Password Manager for some reason.

See if that helps, but if not you may need to file a Trouble Ticket to have Webroot Support reset some things at the back-end.

If you do have to contact Support again, note that after TWO password changes, it still refuses to work.

Userlevel 7
Also, changing the primary email will not help get logged into the existing list of passwords you have saved... I would suggest that you do not follow that advice.....
Ok I just changed the password again and the firefox app is still requesting the old password that I was using.  Not looking forward to using support  again...
Userlevel 7
You could always change it to the ORIGINAL password temporarily.

I know we ALL need to change ALL of our passwords due to the Heartbleed bug, but if there is a communication error at the back-end keeping the Password Manager password from recording the change....  that might be something that will 'work itself out' over the next few hours.

If you do revert to the original, make sure everything is working.  Of course tomorrow, try changing it again.  Follow the same thing tomorrow if need be.  Webroot does not staff the Community on the weekend, but they will on Monday.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hello bakedbean, and Welcome!

Could you please run a default scan, in order to see if changes you made online can be communicated with the client software. It could fix your issue, hopefully.

That's what I ended up doing for tonight, went back to the original password. Maybe it will work tomorrow with a new password. Thank you for the input.
Userlevel 7
You might try as Dermot suggests.  I have seen some unexpected results on getting things back in sync by simply running a scan.  Good idea Dermot!
I did the full scan also did a remote restart from pc security after. Still not syncing password change to the app.
I created another user, then imported the back up I did just before the PW change on the main user.   I can access the password tab now with out the error message that I still have on main account.

And I can change the password and have it sync correctly with the firefox app.

Must be some problems with the main account.. I will try support again on Monday.

Thank you all for the input.
Userlevel 4
i was informed today (during a remote control sessioin with Geek Squad) that the problem lies with Webroot itself. it's not working in google chrome, IE, or firefox
Userlevel 7
Hi bogeyman459

What you say is very interesting as I am using the PM with Chrome, IE & Firefox with absolutely no issues whatsoever...and I would be grateful if you would provide further detail on what you have been told...if you have any.

Cheers, Baldrick
I knew it was webroot. I got tired of them passing the buck on issue to the consumer. I moved on and went with a better AV solution and password manager.
Userlevel 7
I would still very much like to hear something factual to support that assertion...as I said before...no issues here with PM running under any of the supported ones (or most Chrome-based browsers for that matter).
Not the issue with the browser so much that I had when I first posted. The issue was and still is that the webroot password database gets corrupted and if you dont have a backup you end up having to make a new account with another email and start over. So I would say its an webroot problem.
Userlevel 4
Hi Baldrick

well, as i said the Geek Squad had remote control over this machine and that's what they were led to believe. i do know this as a fact, my toolbar keeps reverting back to my very earliest password i used to first set up my Webroot SecureAnywhere account.
 i can log into my account, just not the password section, i can issue commands to the other computers on my network from the PC Managment section of the console but if i try to get into my password manager i get kicked out of the system back to the original beginning login page
I know what you're going through bogey. I had to add another email on the account and then make that the primary. Lucky I had backed up a few days before and did not loose to many passwords. It is a database issue on the server side
Userlevel 7
Hi bakedbean

Thanks for the clarification.  How does this corruption manifest itself?  The reason I ask is that I have been using WSA with the PM ever since it was released...in fact I alpha & beta tested it at the time...and I have never witnessed or experienced any corruption in the database.  I also have multiple keycodes...and everything plays very nicely on the PM front...hence my question as to how you spot the corruption.

Many thanks in adavance.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 4
Hi Baldrick

i was curious if you stay permenantly logged into your password manager on all 3 of those browsers, or if you can still log out and back in again at will? i only want to verify what i was told by the Geek Squad or if there are a very few minor exceptions where the Password Manager won't work. i've been having this issue since i first started posting on my previous issue
it is a database issue under a persons password manager for that specific email address. I would have to be able to see that database. But something on the server side is causing the problem. I started with not being able to change the master password and reverting to the old password. Then I could no long get into the password tab on the account. Once I added another email and made that primary I could get into the empty password tab with no issues.
I made a habit of doing daily backup when ever I added new passwords because I worried it would happen again.
I still have 49days left on the account and still can not access the password tab, I just tried it and this has been going on since April 2014
Userlevel 4
Hi bakedbean

you say last April, mIght it have anything to do with the dreaded KB2919355 update? i've only just recently overcome THAT issue which led to a system recovery and reinstallation of everything 
Userlevel 7
Hi bogeyman459

I have not had any issues...as far as I can tell...by being logged into PM in more than one browser at a time...I am not sure that I have had 3 logins at the same time but most definitively 2...as my Wife and I share our system at home and she uses IE and my either Chrome or Firefox...so there is usually PM logged in in IE, and one other, on most days.

Not sure if that answers the question...but feel free to ask something more specific and I will try to respond.

Cheers, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
it is a database issue under a persons password manager for that specific email address. I would have to be able to see that database. But something on the server side is causing the problem. I started with not being able to change the master password and reverting to the old password. Then I could no long get into the password tab on the account. Once I added another email and made that primary I could get into the empty password tab with no issues.
I made a habit of doing daily backup when ever I added new passwords because I worried it would happen again.
I still have 49days left on the account and still can not access the password tab, I just tried it and this has been going on since April 2014
Hi bakedbean

Woah...and this is via The Geek Squad?

What I do not understand is why someone from there has not contacted Webroot Support to get them to transfer the data from the old email address to the new...or am I being a bit of a 'Homer'?

Regards, Baldrick
I never went to geek squad that was bogey. I did try to get webroot tech support to do it. but they just told me to add a new email to webroot control panel account and start over....
Userlevel 4
Hi Baldrick

what i am concerned with is that the Geek Squad informed me that this is an issue with Webroot itself and that it's not just me. They said that 3 different techs failed with 3 different browsers, and the problem is "out there in the cloud" which to me sounds pretty wide spread! but if you are telling me that you aren't experiencing any problems then it leads me to wonder what's really going on??!?
Userlevel 7
Hi bogeyman/ Hi bakedbean

Am afraid that it is late over here (am in the UK ;)) and so I must away to my bed.  Don't want to leave this one here so hopefully can pick up tomorrow when I am back online...having said that I am wondering if one of our gurus @ or our excellent Community Manager @ might be able to pick up or assist on this one?

I am a little concerned by what you are being told by The Geek Squad; I am not saying it is incorrect or anything like that...but as you say, given that we are not having widespread reports of similar issues...it would be good to find out what exactly is behind this.

As I said...if you have not been able to get any further by the time I come online tomorrow I will try to pick up with you on this.

Regards, Baldrick