Solved

Clear threat logs

• 13 August 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge +5
Is it possible to delete the threat log data so that when I save a threat log in utilities it’s empty? Or is that impossible without uninstalling the software and possibly ruining my key and having to buy a new one?
icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 15 August 2019, 01:33

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Is it possible to delete the threat log data so that when I save a threat log in utilities it’s empty? Or is that impossible without uninstalling the software and possibly ruining my key and having to buy a new one?

Hello @gamefan

Sorry for the delayed response. This must of slipped through the cracks.

I have never answered this sort of question before so my thoughts on this is you cannot delete the threat log data and save a threat log in utilities and show that it is empty.

You can uninstall/reinstall Webroot as many times as necessary as long as your subscription is active. This will not ruin your keycode or will you need to buy a new Webroot subscription by uninstalling/reinstalling Webroot.

Please follow the instructions below if you want to uninstall/reinstall Webroot.

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
@TripleHelix do you have anything to add to this post?

Hope this helps?
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Hi Sherry nothing to add as that's the only way to clear the Threat Log as it states here: https://docs.webroot.com/us/en/home/wsa_pc_userguide/wsa_pc_userguide.htm#UsingReportsAndViewers/SavingThreatLogs.htm%3FTocPath%3DUsing%2520Reports%2520and%2520Viewers%7C_____2

"The system prompts you for a location to save the log, gathers threat data saved since installation to a text file, and displays the file."

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thank you Daniel! I appreciate that feedback! 😊