Solved

Conflict with Adguard 7.7 (PC Agent) and Latest update of Webroot PC agent 9.0.31.84 ?

• 21 October 2021
  • 20 replies

Userlevel 4

Good day !

I used the combo Adguard (pro) with Webroot IS from several years with no problem and happiness.

Yesterday , I received the update on my Window PC Webroot agent to version 9.0.31.84,  so far, so good

And suddenly , all my browser (Edge,Chrome, Firefox) stop responding and won’t load any web page.

After investigation, I remove Adguard Window PC agent and  it resolve the problem , my browser breath again…

I tried to exclude Adguard module in Webroot but it doesn’t work.

is there a conflict between the new version of Webroot and Adguard ? I would love to keep both program on my PC

Note : I’ve got the same problem with my wife PC

Thanks and have a nice day

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 21 October 2021, 21:36

View original

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hello team,

I am also having issues using the latest version of webroot with adguard and will like to downgrade webroot to version 9.0.30.75 but each time I attempt installation your app auto updates to latest version which now frustrating. Can I please get an offline version for above version number that doesnt auto update. Thanks

Hi,

Perhaps you may wish to submit a request to Webroot Support asking a copy of v9.0.30.75 without auto updating feature?

Another way is to use Consumer version v9.0.30.75 and turn off the default “Automatically download and apply updates” immediately after installation.

Hello team,

I am also having issues using the latest version of webroot with adguard and will like to downgrade webroot to version 9.0.30.75 but each time I attempt installation your app auto updates to latest version which now frustrating. Can I please get an offline version for above version number that doesnt auto update. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi Guys, 

Ok somes news,

I hang off with the Escalation team, and we be able to reproduce the problem.

We think that the trouble may seem to how the new version of the Webroot Window agent handle the network after a reboot or a computer sleep and that it could interfere with Adguard 

For now , we downgrade my Window PC  to a older version 9.0.30.75 to work alongside with Adguard and everyhing is smooth right now

Webroot team are aware of this issues and they will work on a  fix on a futur version (no ETA for now) 

Thanks for the update, hopefully a solution is on the way.

Userlevel 4

Hi Guys, 

Ok somes news,

I hang off with the Escalation team, and we be able to reproduce the problem.

We think that the trouble may seem to how the new version of the Webroot Window agent handle the network after a reboot or a computer sleep and that it could interfere with Adguard 

For now , we downgrade my Window PC  to a older version 9.0.30.75 to work alongside with Adguard and everyhing is smooth right now

Webroot team are aware of this issues and they will work on a  fix on a futur version (no ETA for now) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

And 10 minutes after we hang off...boom...the problem back again…

The only thing is (I don’t know if could help) I was put my computer in sleep mode and then awake 

I

For me,  Webroot v9.0.31.84 will work with AdGuard v7.7.

But it will not survive a re-boot

After rebooting, problem appears.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

@BonskYKeep in touch with them!

Hi Daniel, 

Yes I sended a message again we will see…

But now I’m discouraged

Well @BradW  and support knows and they have your wsalogs so they may send it higher up or escalate to higher support. Don’t give up yet.

Userlevel 4

@BonskYKeep in touch with them!

Hi Daniel, 

Yes I sended a message again we will see…

But now I’m discouraged

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

@BonskY Keep in touch with them!

Userlevel 4

I appreciate my call with the support agent, she was kind, professional and supportive.

As per my browsers was unresponsive , I was unable the download the logmein app but together we found a way...

Close adguard, let WSA running alone...good...I gain back my browser and internet...download logmein..

The agent was able to connect to my computer...Open adguard to reproduce the issues…

But everything work (grrr)...browser and internet was responsive…

But the agent running the WSAlogs and take a log, scan the computer, we reboot several time the computer…

All work...speechless , I didn’t know what to say and I feel stupid...we end the support call.

And 10 minutes after we hang off...boom...the problem back again…

The only thing is (I don’t know if could help) I was put my computer in sleep mode and then awake 

I’m discouraged now...the only easy fix it’s uninstall Adguard PC agent and use the free browser extention (there’s no problem with WSA and their free browser extention)

Have a nice day 

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Ho yeah is getting serious ! The technical support want a direct call from me and make a look on my system…

will do...

It’s awesome to watch them do a Remote onto your system!

Userlevel 4

Ho yeah is getting serious ! The technical support want a direct call from me and make a look on my system…

will do...

Userlevel 4

Okay little update 

I received a response from Webroot tehnical support team, 

I perfom all requested test and confirm the issues is from the version 9.0.31.84 

I wait for the next step

Have a nice week

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

@BonskY 

Running Webroot v9.0.30.75 with AdGuard v7.6.1 and v7.7 without problems.

But having issues running Webroot v9.0.31.84 with AdGuard v7.6.1 and v7.7.

In my view, AdGuard is very stable even in nightly version (which I test frequently).

Have a nice weekend!

Userlevel 4

Still pending a solution from webroot, likely something introduced in the latest version of webroot causes it.

For time being, sticking to  v9.0.30.75.

Ok thanks, I saw your conversation with Daniel on Wilders forum, I will follow up my request with Webroot CSR

From the “Adguard” side there’s already on this for a solution

https://forum.adguard.com/index.php?threads/adguard-conflicts-with-webroot-antivirus.45157/

Hope there’s will a fix soon. 

I have a feeling it has nothing to do with AdGuard V7.7.

Why? Because there were already same issues running  Webroot 9.0.31.84 with

AdGuard V7.6.1 :grinning:

Yes , I believe it’s a “Webroot side” problem with the latest version,

Yesterday I tried other security suit with Adguard and everything running smoothly.

Hope that we will found a solution on this,

Have a nice day

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Still pending a solution from webroot, likely something introduced in the latest version of webroot causes it.

Ok thanks, I saw your conversation with Daniel on Wilders forum, I will follow up my request with Webroot CSR

https://forum.adguard.com/index.php?threads/adguard-conflicts-with-webroot-antivirus.45157/

I have a feeling it has nothing to do with AdGuard V7.7.

Why? Because there were already same issues running  Webroot 9.0.31.84 with

AdGuard V7.6.1 :grinning:

Userlevel 4

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Please let us know the outcome!

Thanks!

Userlevel 4

Ok thanks Daniel, it’s appreciated 

I will submit a ticket

Have a nice day 

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @BonskY 

Yes someone reported this issue in the Beta Group so I would suggest that you contact Webroot Support and ask them for help and they will probably need some logs from you! @BradW  @smith2006 

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket

Call 1-866-612-4227 Mon - Fri 7 AM to 5:30 PM (MDT)

Thanks,