Converting Norton Identity Safe to Webroot CSV Format

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Hello All

Need a little technical advice as I try to become Norton-free and use Webroot instead. Im having an issue importing and converting passwords from Norton Identity Safe. I did read this article and still cannot get it to work

https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/How-to-convert-a-Norton-Passwords-CSV-file-to-a-Webroot-Password/ta-p/37602

I have about 160 passwords so to do it manually or to revisit every site would be a very long process :(

Im using Windows 8 & Excel 13, saving file as csv, below is a screen shot example of the format of my csv file (webpage & passwords are examples)..any advice would be greatly apprecited! Thanks

http://postimg.org/image/uey8oc7e3/

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Wow, that is one unhelpful error message, sorry about that :)

One thing that jumped out at me is that in the example you linked to the URLs had / on the end of them, and yours didn't.  Try adding that in and see if it makes a difference.
Userlevel 7
@ 

Keep me in the loop on this one please.  That KB article was based off the work I did trying to help someone, before that there was no information or template built into the Import function for Norton CSV files.

It DID take a couple days for us to work it out, but if anything has changed and it needs re-investigated i have no plans for tomorrow night or all dau Saturday..... I am quite willing and able to work with this user to form custom revised directions if need be.

:-) 
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Will do - if we can't figure it out then I'll enlist some internal help and make sure that the import formatting hasn't changed since you wrote that.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Thanks for your help.

I think i figured out the issue on my end. When I tried to import with Firefox 28 toolbar that's when I was getting failure message. I then tried on Internet Explorer and it worked, i did not need to reformat my csv file any further ..imported all passwords in under 2 mins..

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Makes sense - glad that did the trick!
Userlevel 7
@ wrote: I have about 160 passwords so to do it manually or to revisit every site would be a very long process :(

About 160 passwords?? :S Wow, that's absolutely incredible! :S
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
@ wrote: I have about 160 passwords so to do it manually or to revisit every site would be a very long process :(

Doesn't seem that much to me.  I've only recently started using the password manager, and I'm already up to over 40 sites.  Think about all the one off sites that you have to create logins for, never to return.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

Doesn't seem that much to me.  I've only recently started using the password manager, and I'm already up to over 40 sites.  Think about all the one off sites that you have to create logins for, never to return.
You're right! :D
I didn't realize it before but I've checked and got 45 so far.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
yes 160 and of those I probably use only about 20-30 max on a regular basis. After using various password managers over the years they just piled up, many for one time to access a news story or something  and being the 'organized' guy that I am never bothered to tidy up my collection  :)

thanks again everyone for your help,
Userlevel 7
BillR wrote:thanks again everyone for your help,
You are welcome!

Regards,

Mike