"couldn't load xpcom" error when running Tor latest version

• 28 September 2014
  • 6 replies

"couldn't load xpcom" error when running Tor latest version ,and the error disappears when shutting down Webroot

how to solve this ?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

it's best to Submit a Support Ticket and they can look after you as it could be a simple thing as Whitelisting some Unknown files in the Cloud Database.

Thanks,

Daniel ;)
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

it's best to Submit a Support Ticket and they can look after you as it could be a simple thing as Whitelisting some Unknown files in the Cloud Database.

Thanks,

Daniel ;)
Hi khfree0

Welcome to the Community Fora.

For what it is worth I was recently havingthe same issue with Firefox...most unusual and was unable to get rid of it until the next version of FF was released and I installed it.  Not sure if that helps in anyway and that you can try reinstalling Tor, either current version or a previous version, to see if that helps.

But having said this it is not an instead of re. what Daniel has already suggested.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I don't bother with Tor I use a VPN service then you can use any browser and on any devices! 

Daniel ;)
Hello
5 days ago I install on my PC Tor browser, and for few days all work just fine, I was happy regarding Tor.
I work on Windows XP, and I have installed Malwarebytes antivirus tool. Few days ago I don't know why I cannot start Tor, when I try to start I get message box "firefox" "Couldn't load XPCOM".
I try to look on web for solution but no use, I try to reinstall Tor several times, I also reinstall Mozilla Firefox browser but error still exist.
I don't know what to do, any help any suggestion where to look for problem.
Thanks!
Hello
5 days ago I install on my PC Tor browser, and for few days all work just fine, I was happy regarding Tor.
I work on Windows XP, and I have installed Malwarebytes antivirus tool. Few days ago I don't know why I cannot start Tor, when I try to start I get message box "firefox" "Couldn't load XPCOM".
I try to look on web for solution but no use, I try to reinstall Tor several times, I also reinstall Mozilla Firefox browser but error still exist.
I don't know what to do, any help any suggestion where to look for problem.
Thanks!
(ivo.ivic7@yahoo.com)
Userlevel 7
Hello @,

As suggested previously in this thread, it would be best to create a support ticket in regards to this issue.

If I remember correctly this is caused by Tor updating, and us having to whitelist the new files.

It is worth noting that Tor is not a supported browser though, so while we will whitelist the files for it, we are limited with the support we can provide for it.

You can create a support ticket here.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Best Regards,