Does anyone know any thing about Microsoft Security Scan?

• 14 October 2014
  • 2 replies

I am getting a message that my webpage has found genric virous and I shouol contact Microsoft. My window is frozen and will not allow me to close it. Even after turningt off my computer the screen remains the same. There is an 800 number listed but I am not sure this is not a scam. # is 1-855-214-9613. I have never seen an 855 prefix. Has anyone elese had this problem??

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
I am getting a message that my webpage has found genric virous and I shouol contact Microsoft. My window is frozen and will not allow me to close it. Even after turningt off my computer the screen remains the same. There is an 800 number listed but I am not sure this is not a scam. # is 1-855-214-9613. I have never seen an 855 prefix. Has anyone elese had this problem??
Hello irez!

Welcome to the Community!

Please do not call that number. Microsoft doesn't issue that kind of warning or phone number! It's a SCAM!
Can you also  Contact Support  free of charge, Also have a look at this Post by our very own TripleHelix https://community.webroot.com/t5/Techie/Avoid-tech-support-phone-scams-claimed-to-be-from-Microsoft/m-p/1430#M5496

Best Regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Hello irez!

Welcome to the Community!

Please do not call that number. Microsoft doesn't issue that kind of warning or phone number! It's a SCAM!
Can you also  Contact Support  free of charge, Also have a look at this Post by our very own TripleHelix https://community.webroot.com/t5/Techie/Avoid-tech-support-phone-scams-claimed-to-be-from-Microsoft/m-p/1430#M5496

Best Regards

Hi irez! I've edited my post to let you know about this Scam!