Essentials Name Change.

• 23 September 2012
  • 16 replies

Userlevel 7
I just noticed that Webroot changed the name from "Essentials" to "Internet Security Plus 2013" :D

http://www.webroot.com/En_US/consumer-products-secureanywhere-internet-security-plus.html

Different Name, Same Excellent Product. ;)

Edit: I looks like they added Password Protection . 😃

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
And added features and looks like they removed Back Up & Sync http://www.webroot.com/En_US/consumer-compare.html

TH
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I think it's best until we here the Official Release Announcement from Webroot! :D

TH
Userlevel 7
Yea, I think so too. 😉
Userlevel 7
Agree with you Truck..but...for whatever reason...I really wish Webroot would stop doing this name change thing...as IMHO it does not look good to the outside world.
Userlevel 7
Although what was formerly Essentials has changed to Internet Security Plus, and Backup & Sync is now exclusive to Complete, Internet Security Plus will now include password protection features in the Identity Shield and compability with Windows 8 and Mac 🙂
Userlevel 7
Thanks Jim for explaining what's going on with the changes. 😃
Userlevel 7
From what I have seen over at Wilders it would appear that Backup is removed from Essentials, but that all current Essentials customers are now given the full Complete product (which is a nice gesture from Webroot).

As a little test I uninstalled the beta version, rebooted and installed a fresh copy of the commercial version of 8.0.2.14.  The app now just says SecureAnywhere rather than adding 'Complete', I can still see the Backup & Sync option, have the System Cleaner option but cannot tell if the Password-related fucntionality supposed to be under the Identity Shield is in fact showing.

Could someone advise as to what I should be seeing re. that last point as I had Essentials previously and therefore have no reference point.

Thanks in adavnce.

Regards

Balders
Userlevel 7
You probably have overlooked the following statement at Wilders made by Joe:

"There are (in WSA) some other features which will be coming slightly after the initial release which are already in place in the code but won't be enabled until the other parts of the product are finished."

So yesterday it was the initial release to consumers.

Furthermore Joe says:

"For those wondering about the differences between products: no one will lose functionality - instead, everyone will be receiving more functionality. More to come on this shortly."
Userlevel 7
Hi pegas

If addressed to me I can say I did not overlook what Joe had already advised.  I was just checking that against what I am seeinig currently...as I seem to be (unless it is a lack of understanding of the Password Protection features in Complete) inbetween products.  Not a pressing issue as WSA is working great...as usual.  Just would like to clarify when the persons who can are avaialble to do so. ;)

Regards

Balders
Userlevel 7
Totally agree pegas, looks like a lot of major changes have to take place (for the better) and it probably will take some time to change all the users licenses and add the changes. It will probably be best to wait for all the changes to take place as Joe has stated "More to Come". As long as I'm protectively covered by WSA, I'll sit back and watch the changes take place and settle out. 😉
Userlevel 7
Hi Baldrick,
I'm also not showing the password function yet on the update.
Userlevel 7
Hi PTD (may I TLA you as such?)

then it is definitively a case of, as you have said..."as I'm protectively covered by WSA, I'll sit back and watch the changes take place and settle out."

Regards

Balders
Userlevel 5
I'm not sure why they're calling it Internet Security Plus. There isn't even an Internet Security version. The product before this is Antivirus. So where does 'Plus' fit in?

I agree with Baldrick. This name changing will confuse people.
Userlevel 7
It could be confusing for a while but people will get used to it in the end.

The main reason they renamed WSA portfolio is to let know the wide public that WSA is in fact the security suit what should increase the selling figures. People needs to know at the first glance that this application is the right one to wholly secure their PC and thus to force them to think over about buying WSA instead of Norton, Kaspersky, Eset etc.

To be honest I completely understand and agree with the rebranding. Just my two cents.
Userlevel 5
@ wrote:

The main reason they renamed WSA portfolio is to let know the wide public that WSA is in fact the security suit what should increase the selling figures.
Seeing as WSA Antivirus now contains the firewall as well as Identity Shield, it might have been better for them to call that WSA Internet Security. The next one up is the Plus version. Seems more logical that way.

Just my two pence worth.

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

The main reason they renamed WSA portfolio is to let know the wide public that WSA is in fact the security suit what should increase the selling figures.
Seeing as WSA Antivirus now contains the firewall as well as Identity Shield, it might have been better for them to call that WSA Internet Security. The next one up is the Plus version. Seems more logical that way.

Just my two pence worth.

Have to agree that renaming Antivirus to Internet Security would be more apposite.