Every time I update Mozilla Firefox, I lose ability to log in via Webroot toolbar.

• 8 April 2016
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Why is it that every time I update Mozilla Firefox, I lose my ability to log into Webroot via the toolbar icon???  Anyone else have this problem--and how do I fix it?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello jancookz,

I am not sure why that happens to you. I am not having any of these issues. Have you tried the toolbar fix? Would you like me to guide you through it?
Userlevel 1
Yes, I would love to have the toolbar fix.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi jancookz

This sometimes does happen and to try to resolve it you can try running the Toolbarfix tool.  You can download it for here.  Once downloaded launch it by clicking on the executable, and you should see the following, and  click on 'Run':

which should then take you to the following dialog:

on which you should choose/check the option 'Repair/Install the Webroot Toolbar' and then press 'Start'.

That should initiate the fix process and you just have to wait for it to finish, close the dialog and then check in your browser to see if the Password Manager Toolbar icon is now visible.  If the fix has been successful you should see the following greyed out icon in a toolbar at the top of the IE browser page:

One then double cliks on that so that the login dialog is presented, etc.

Please check the above out and come back if anything is not clear. Or you can always Submit a Support Ticket and they can have a look for you which is free of charge.

Userlevel 1
Sorry, but that didn't work.  I get the error message that Webroot doesn't recognize my email address.  This is a chronic problem for me.  I think all of this has to do with Windows 10, that is nothing but trouble.  I have contacted Webroot help, but they are extremely slow to respond.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
So sorry that this hasn't helped.

Please let us know what happens with support.
Userlevel 7
Hi jancookz

If I may just add at this point...perhaps a review of this previous thread on the 'email address not recognised' topic might yield some results/provide a solution?

Regards, Baldrick